Medium Carb Pate?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Moms2Tigger&Blu, Aug 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

Anyone have advice on a good MC food for days I don't feel totally safe leaving Tigger with certain numbers? Preferably a pate, he has no teeth and gobbles the shreds and stuff so fast he ends up vomiting. He has really taken to the fancy feast but willing to try other brands. I have read and saved the food list with the different carb amounts but I was just wondering if anyone had some suggestions. And/or anyone have any idea how many HC dry treats would be ok? I know dry food takes longer to leave system but like 4 little treat pieces might be enough/not too much?

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I buy Wellness Complete Health Chicken and Lobster as my medium carb pate. It's 11% carbs according to Dr. Lisa's chart. Wellness Core Salmon, Whitefish and Herring is another I use - 13% carbs. They're grain free, carageenan free and very smooth pates.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  3. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

Ooooo he loves a good paste. He's obsessed with the Sheba PP turkey - its almost like meat mousse in my opinion - yuck!

4. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

before he put too much weight back on, i was giving tux his favorite high carb temptations treats, usually 2-5 pieces, and it barely made a difference as far as spiking his BG but, i did notice when i gave him 4-5 pieces it kept his BG from going much lower when i was giving it to him during day so i started giving it to him at night for my peace of mind for awhile.

as for medium carb wet food, we use the Soulistic moist & tender duck dinner (includes tuna), although it comes out to 2-3% wet carbs, it is actually 16% dry matter carbs. it's not pate thought but, pate chunks that is easily smashed down with a fork to be pate like. as for actual pates, my cats haven't liked the tons we've tried except for fancy feast and friskies so can't help much but, maybe you could try the fancy feast medleys pate version, think they are medium carbs if i am recalling right.

5. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

Tigger has always been a picky eater - he doesn't like fish flavors!!! He doesn't like anything where he can see an intact vegetable.
    He doesn't really love anything besides poultry. He is slowly coming around to beef with the Sheba and FF but never before.
    We fed him EVO chicken and turkey everyday, twice a day for years. Then the damn company ruined that. When we rescued him
    after his family dumped him he would destroy our house for human food - but not even just meat. He goes crazy for bread items.
    Pizza, cheese, whip cream, ranch dressing, donuts! I watched him eat a bean burrito in the ditch before we got him in our house.
    He has stolen a veggie burger from a bbq. It took years to get him onto cat food. When I heard we were gonna try feeding him
    fancy feast after all the expensive failures, I was like "yeah, right!" But thanks to the universe he LOVES it! I might look into some
    FF MC options, can maybe mix them with regular pate . . . we'll see I guess!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.