A comparison of Mellit, Blood Sugar Gold, GlucoEnsure and Pancreas Booster

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Penelope and Mačka, Jul 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

Hello,

I was researching about the herbal blood glucose support product Mellit, by NHV Natural Pet.
    I am wondering if people here have had success stories recently in lowering their kitty's blood sugar levels?
    I read in older threads that some owners were concerned with the diuretic effect of some of the plants, or if the supplement was going to cause hypoglycemia etc. So I wrote to the company and this is what they wrote back:
    (please let me know your thoughts)

NHV representative =>
    "Some of the herbs in Mellit can help to bring blood glucose down if it is high. The supplement is very gentle and we would not expect to bring a pet into a state of hypoglycemia. There are no artificial flavors added to the supplement, so it has a natural, herbal taste which most cats don't seem to mind. We do recommend adding it to food or a treat for ease of administering. Our supplements are all natural and do not contain any preservatives, so they require refrigeration once opened and will last 6 months in the fridge. We would suggest administering the supplements with food or with a favorite treat for convenience. Alternatively, you may need to administer the product via a syringe or dropper directly into the mouth preferably after feeding so that the product is easier on the digestive system. All of our supplements are safe to be given in conjunction with one another as well as with veterinary prescribed medications."

"Any diuretic effect of the herbs in Mellit (Dandelion) are extremely gentle. The diuretic effect causes the kidneys to work a bit harder in properly filtering out the waste material in the blood and helping to control the glucose levels. Mellit can be used on any diabetic pet, whether well regulated or not. At the early stages of diabetes it may be difficult to get a kitty regulated and many adjustments to insulin may be needed. The Mellit can help to balance the body and help the insulin to do it's job more effectively. Over time, it may even be possible to lower the dose of insulin, but of course this varies case by case. We would only recommend doing so with close monitoring by your veterinarian.
    Mellit contains many herbs that work in different ways to support diabetic pets like Blueberry which can act as a urinary antiseptic, as diabetic pets are more prone to urinary tract infections, Gymnema which can help to block the absorption of sugar and Jambolan which can help to boost insulin secretion."

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  2. Penelope and Mačka

Here's some more research findings: Mellit, Blood Sugar Gold, GlucoEnsure and Pancreas Booster contain similar ingredients. Goat's rue is found in all 4, and Gymnema in three products. Mellit and Blood Sugar Gold have basically the same composition minus one ingredient, then Glucose ensure contains 3 ingredients found in Mellit and Blood Sugar Gold. The Pancreas booster contains enzymes but also the the two classic Gymnema and Goat's rue.

Let's compare the ingredients:
    • Mellit:
      1. Astragalus
      2. Blueberry
      3. Dandelion
      4. Devil’s Club
      5. Fenugreek
      6. Goat’s Rue
      7. Gymnema
      8. Jambolin
      9. Oregon Grape
    • Blood Sugar Gold:
      1. Devil's Club root bark (Oplopanax horridum)
      2. Gymnema leaf (Gymnema sylvestre)
      3. Fenugreek seed (Trigonella foenum-graecum)
      4. Burdock root (Arctium lappa)
      5. Goat's Rue herb (Galega officinalis)
      6. Dandelion root (Taraxacum officinale)
      7. Bilberry fruit (Vaccinium officinalis)
    • GlucoEnsure:
      1. Bilberry Fruit
      2. Chromium (as Chromium Picolinate 12%)
      3. Goat's Rue Herb
      4. Fenugreek Seed
      5. Astragalus Root
    • Pancreas Booster:
      1. Bromelain
      2. Papain
      3. Gymnema
      4. Goat's Rue
      5. Fennel
    I looked at many, many diabetic cats' spreadsheets over the last weeks, and could distinguish a notable improvement in cats that were started on one of these supplements. Many of them went into remission. I am not saying that it's solely due the supplements, but they might have supported the healing. Now, I guess it's a question of pills/powder versus liquid drops.
    I bought Blood Glucose Level and was scared to try it because I was concerned it might induce hypoglycemia. In addition, I worry the taste might drive my cat away from his food, but I'm going to try it very soon after all.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  3. Penelope and Mačka

I invite everyone to share their experiences with these supplements!

4. Margie and Jackson

Margie and Jackson Member

I’ve never tried any of these. Are any of these herbs used by human diabetics?

Penelope and Mačka likes this.
  5. Penelope and Mačka

Good question! I wonder? Now I have another research to do ;)

Margie and Jackson likes this.
  6. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

I tried both Gluensure and pancreas booster a year or two back - there was no effect whatsoever
    I stopped after a few months

Penelope and Mačka likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.