Meow!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jeff Tave, Mar 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Tave

Jeff Tave New Member

Hi!

My name is Lola and I'm a 14-year old Maine Coon mix living in the suburbs of Houston, TX. I was diagnosed with diabetes a little over a month ago. My dad, Jeff, helped me create an account on the FDMB. I'm on 2 units of Lantus twice a day and doing curves on a weekly basis and providing the info to my vet, Dr. Runge, at Clear Creek Animal Clinic. My latest issue seems to be a loss of bladder control. Help!

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Hi Lola and Jeff, welcome to FDMB! Lantus is a very good insulin. It sounds like your dad is home testing you which is great. Does he test you everyday before your shot so he knows it's ok to shoot? It would also be good to get another test at some point mid cycle so he can see how well the insulin is working. As for the bladder problem, come post in the Main Health Forum and tell us exactly what's going on so we can help you.

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome! Maybe with the increased urgency you could add a couple more boxes to areas she's in often. That must be Frustrating. My favorite pet cleaner is Anti Icky poo unscented.

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

What are her numbers like?

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Hi Lola,
    Please tell your dad that litter box issues can be caused by uncontrolled diabetes. We can help him figure it out. :)

6. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Meow, Lola :cat:
    We are glad to help you and your dad start feeling better! You found the purrrrfect place!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.