Merlin - vet appointment

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Traci and Boomer, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Hi Guys-

I decided to start a new thread. Merlin has a vet appointment today at 10:20 EST. I am going to a new vet referred to me by my wonderful landlords who also have cats. Miraculously, they are getting me in right away.

I've had his records faxed by the shelter and I'm bringing a stool sample. I hope to get something for his poop issue. I need to go back and look up the med that Jess suggested. He's already had his rabies and distemper and he was wormed by the shelter.

After some consideration, I think I will stick to Evo dry mixed with higher quality wet food. I'm just gonna suck it up and give it a shot. At least I know he'll eat the cheaper food if the expensive stuff doesn't work out. :lol:

Stay tuned. I'll post when I get back from my new vet. I used to go to a cat-only vet, so this will be different with droolers around.

2. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Just giving you the vet update. I saw a new vet who turned out to be very, very nice. Merlin even jumped up onto her lap while she was sitting on a stool. She was impressed with how much the shelter did for him in the way of medical treatment. She says he seems fine other than his upset belly which is either from food changes and stress or parasites-I gave her a stool sample. I'll find out tomorrow. She gave me a diarrhea med for him. She thinks he'll be fine soon. She also clipped some of the fur on his hind end for me. When we got home he went under my bed for a couple hours, though he was still responsive to me talking and petting him. I'm going out to get him some Evo food to mix with his Evo dry. Hopefully this will agree with him better! I won't buy much just in case - you know how that goes. Dave's coming over with my pill pockets and FortiFlora. Oh and he weighs 8 pounds.

3. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

4. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

See we told you he was purrfect...lol

I'm really glad that you and he like the new vet and that she was able to give you a little peace of mind. I know it is hard not to jump to the conclusion that something is really wrong after you lose a couple way to young (and 30 would be way too young). I'm still trying not to overreact when either Duvessa or Elektra sneeze or cough and remember they have only been exploring under the bed where I never dust...lol

Mel & Muse (GA)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.