Merlin's Sugar

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MerMor, Dec 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MerMor

MerMor New Member

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Great news about how well Merlin is doing since the food change; those are some very pretty greens on his spreadsheet (and a very pretty photo, too!). Fourteen days in those numbers without insulin and that will put Merlin officially into remission - fingers and paws crossed ... :nailbiting:

(((Merlin)))

Mogs

3. luz

luz Member

It's great to hear. My junior never even got to the point of getting insulin because I switched him right away to wet food. In a matter of 10 days his glucose went from 519 to 137. The vet are very confused. They won't admit that it was the food content: high carb. Did you have a hard time with your vet? I switch junior food so fast n the first few days he ate fancy feast wet food but has after 8 days decided he won't eat unless it's dry food. So we are struggling to try n hide a few kibbles in the wet food. How's Merlin doing with his transition? Best of luck. Mogs showed me your spreadsheet so I can see cats can go into remisiĆ³n with little to no insulin on newly diagnosed diabetes. Best of luck. Please keep me posted

Critter Mom likes this.
  4. MerMor

MerMor New Member

My vet said he'd like to see higher numbers. He doesn't seem convinced at all that diet (and some careful dosing) made the difference and thinks that this is a temporary thing. My fingers are crossed and I do know he hopes for the best for him. Merlin has turned his nose up at some Fancy Feast lately but he seems to be O.K. with Special Kitty from Walmart for now. Some days he'll love the Pole and Line Tuna from Whole Foods, other days not so much. I'm just going to keep rotating food and toss what he won't eat. Once he gets some strength back I won't let him be so picky.

Critter Mom likes this.
  5. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Huh??? o_O

[​IMG]

Mogs

6. MerMor

MerMor New Member

Hopefully more low numbers will convince him!

Critter Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.