Merry Christmas from Ruby

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by arozeboom, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arozeboom

arozeboom Well-Known Member

Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of Ruby's diagnosis as a sugar cat. I tested her 4 hours after dinner and she rang in a lovely 75! She's been OTJ since the beginning of May and has been doing pretty dang good. In September, the blood results of her wellness check showed "mild renal insufficiency". We struggled a bit finding a food that is a compromise for keeping both conditions in check. She decided that Friskies Special Diet Beef & Chicken is the way to go. Not ideal, but the best we can do for now. I took her back for a recheck 2 months later and her renal numbers we holding steady. Her blood pressure also checked out as normal. We did find out that she has some arthritis in her elbows, too. Now she gets Dasaquin and Miralax with every meal. Those seem to keep everything moving as they should be.

I owe everyone here a HUGE thanks and a hug of gratitude. I don't think she would still be with us today if it weren't for the support and knowledge I found here, first on the PZI board and then in LantusLand. When I brought her home from the hospital last Christmas Eve, I was convinced she had been given a death sentence. You all helped me understand that it didn't need to be that way.

Our civvie, Midgie, is also close to an important anniversary. The 25th will be 6 months since we found out she had a lung tumor in one of her tiny lungs (she weighs less than 6 lbs.). She had surgey on June 25th of this year and based on her morning race tracking around the house, she doesn't know she had a third of a lung removed.

Merry Christmas to everyone!
    Amy & Ruby

2. Amy, so good to see you. There is no better Christmas gift here than "good news" and thank you for sharing it!
    So happy both of your babies are doing so well:)
    Carl

3. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

What lovely news about both your kitties, Amy. Enjoy the holidays with your healthy, happy furry friends.

4. donnahc

donnahc Well-Known Member

Awesome news Amy! So glad Ruby is doing so well. Best to you in 2013! :YMHUG:

5. arozeboom

arozeboom Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone! We couldn't have done it without you!

6. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Amy, so glad you stopped by.

What AWESOME news about both Ruby and Midge.

Blessings for 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.