Meter to give away

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Linda Noss, May 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda Noss

Linda Noss New Member

When our Salem was diagnosed 5 years ago I got some help from an online Feline diabetics site. A few links in I found a service that connect newly diagnosed cats with meters that were ready to be given away. I put my name in and in 24 hours I had a meter, stripes and lancets.

I would like to pay it forward. Salem died a week ago. He was 18 and had a great life. The diabetes did not slow him down at all. If you need a meter, we have one. We had just bought a box of stripes and had half of another. The meter works perfectly.

Alley Cat likes this.
  2. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear that Salem has gone to the bridge. I am sure the care you gave him is what enabled him to live 5 years with diabetes. What a wonderful tribute you are giving him by sharing his supplies. His memory will live on with another sugar kitty.

RIP Salem and run free and happy over the bridge,

:bighug: :bighug: Linda and may happy memories of Salem carry you through this sad time.

3. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

4. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Shiloh & Rhonda (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry about Salem. Hugs and Kisses to you!

5. Mogmom and Goofus

Mogmom and Goofus Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry about your Salem!

6. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aeternum, Salem.

{{hugs}}

7. Alley Cat

Alley Cat New Member

Hi. This is Alley Cat. My kitty
    hi. This is alley cat. I'm new here. My cat Spanky is Newley diagnosed and I am struggling with help from friends and family. I am determined to get him under control and would love to have your glucometer and supplies.

girlboheme likes this.
  8. girlboheme

girlboheme Member

I'm so sorry about Salem! My heart goes out to you. I want to tell you how happy it makes me that Salem made it to the ripe old age of 18 and if that wasn't impressive enough, he also had Diabetes for 5 years. It really warms my heart and gives me hope that I may have Benny around for a long while! I'm sort of lucky and not so lucky that I have diabetes and I am able to use my supplies for testing Benny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.