? Methylcobalamin/B12/zobaline supplementing

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Amy Dobson, Jun 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy Dobson

Amy Dobson Member

Hi everyone,

My boy has had mild symptoms of neuropathy for a while. Mainly a very occasional shake when he puts weight on his left front paw when he's in sitting position.

I just had a complete fright. He's currently got ear mites and a severe allergy to them. This morning my vet wanted to try another topical ointment before we head the systemic steroid route. He prescribed Canaural.

It's been a disaster. I thought it gave him seizures, but the vet believes it's severe twitching/neuropathy from the mites dying. Either way, it was very scary although I'm pleased to say he's settled now. I'm now closely observing for the day.

Given he seems more vulnerable to neuropathy now, I'm wanting to supplement with B12. I can't find zobaline available in the UK, but am wondering if this spray (for humans) would be OK? Would anyone be kind enough to advise?

Thanks in advance,
    Amy.

http://www.amazon.com/Advantage-Methylcobalamin-Aerobic-Life-Spray/dp/B0014JOBXS

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

If no sugar/carbohydrate, no sugar alcohoms, and no artificial sweeteners, it is probably OK to give.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    Amy Dobson likes this.
  3. Amy Dobson

Amy Dobson Member

Brilliant, thank you so much. Seems to be just water with potassium sorbate as a preservative.

4. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

5. Amy Dobson

Amy Dobson Member

Hi Eliz,
    Brilliant, thank you so much.
    Ill never ever be using canaural on him again, he's twitching his head and ears a little this morning, but far less so I'm relieved to say. It was pretty violent yesterday - the last thing he needed to go through.
    That supplement looks great and I've used Bodykind before. Perfect.
    And thanks for the reassuring hugs - definitely appreciated!
    :):cat:

6. Sue484

Sue484 Well-Known Member

Are they capsules that you can break and put on is food or caplets?

7. Elizabeth and Bertie

The Dr's Best are capsules, so easily mixed with cat food. :cat:

Amy Dobson likes this.
  8. Elizabeth and Bertie

Amy Dobson likes this.
  9. Amy Dobson

Amy Dobson Member

Elizabeth and Bertie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.