Mickey 7/6

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Peggy and Mickey (GA), Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peggy and Mickey (GA)

Peggy and Mickey (GA) Well-Known Member

Bg 289 . I am going to start insulin tonight at 8. One unit. Will keep you posted.

2. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good plan. Keep us updated on how he does! cat_pet_icon

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds good!

Try not to stay up all night worrying nailbite_smile if you are a worry-bean like me. :D You won't be able to get a clear picture of things for at least a couple days. Often their response on the first cycle or two will not be representative of how they'll actually do on that dose.

If you want to spot test though in the meantime, I would recommend +4 and +6 as good times to check - +4 can give you a sense if you are heading lower than you expected, and +6 can give you a rough idea of the low of the cycle (though some cats on ProZinc seem to nadir closer to +4). Unless +4 is below 100, no worries!!! (And even then, not necessarily a problem.)

If you have any urgent questions and don't get quick answers here, post on Health - there is almost always someone around there who can help.

4. Peggy and Mickey (GA)

Peggy and Mickey (GA) Well-Known Member

Ok , I am a worry wart...He got his shot at 8:20 and is sleeping now...I should go poke him...LOL...He is still the same cat..Although he is more active since the dry came up. I have 6 out of 7 cats on wet..Matilda is hopeless. I had to move the dry food container to the bedroom so Mickey couldn't hear me pouring it for her.

5. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

lol.... let sleeping kitties lie! :lol:

did you know on the SS you can put the nighttime stuff in the second set of columns? does that make sense? right now it's showing as an AM shot...

Bix was a tough convert to canned too, but now he's an addict :mrgreen: my civies just go with the flow, if it's food (or even if it's not!) they'll eat it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.