Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelley Merkley

Shelley Merkley New Member

Hi. Mom to three cats , two are 16 months and Mickey who is a four year old male that was diagnosed with diabetes today.

Attached Files:

2. Jerry dutchboy

Jerry dutchboy Well-Known Member

Hi Shelley and Mickey. Welcome to the forum, you have found a fabulous place with a lot of very experienced individuals. I'm sure you will feel right at home before long.
    There are a couple of things that will help everyone help you. I call it housekeeping..
    1- Could you please set up your signature, this is the gray text that appears under every post. It has some basic information and avoids being asked the same info over and over. Signature should have, cats name (and yours if you like), sex, age, weight. Date of diagnosis and type of insulin and meter being used and any other medical issues Mickey may have. A geographical area is useful as well. To do all this, go to your name on the top right hand of the page, click it and you'll get a drop down box. On the left you'll find signature, click and type the info, it is character limited so you may need to abbreviate. Don't forget to save when done.

2- set up your spreadsheet. This is really an invaluable tool and it's shared so if you need help on dosing etc the information is available to whomever is trying to help. It will also help you see how Mickey is responding to insulin and allow you to see trends. To set this up go to Suggestions, Tech Support and the instructions are there. If you get stuck just reach out and someone will help you.

Don't be put off by this, just try to get it done when you can, it really helps get the best experience from the forum.

Anyway a big welcome and I hope to see you around the boards.:):bighug:

BTW, Mickey is a cutie and looks like a character.

3. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome. C'mon over to the Health Forum and ask any and all questions. Feline diabetes seems overwhelming at first. We can help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.