Mild increase in eye drainage...benign?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Vader723, Dec 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vader723

Vader723 Member

In the last month or so, Vader has had an occasional crusty eye which, when I go to clear it, comes with a pretty long gloop of whitish discharge. Not all the time, and not always the same one. I would say ivory more than yellow. This will persist for less than a day, and then be fine. No change in behavior, no apparent swelling of the eyelid. I’m probably overthinking it, but I just want to be sure this isn’t an indicator of something more going on, and I’m wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience in your sugar cat? Hoping that it’s just a side effect of having gotten something into it from the scratching post, etc. but this hasn’t been an obvious happening in the past, and anything new these days gets me into a tailspin of nervous observation :(

2. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I don't have experience with this. And we have experience with a lot of cats (current and GA). I would also be concerned with it, as I have seen some bad youtube vids where cats lost their eyes from infections. It is probably worth a vet visit if it does not clear up in a few days.

Looks like Vader is doing good off the juice. Kudos to you in the continued testing and also keeping up the spreadsheet.

3. Vader723

Vader723 Member

Thank you! I know it might not be permanent and I know he will still need periodic monitoring, but I am starting to be hopeful that we might actually have achieved remission. FINGERS CROSSED
    Regarding his eye drainage, today it’s fine. No drainage at all. I will just keep watching and if it worsens, I will definitely take him in

Kris & Teasel and JeffJ like this.
  4. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

This goes in a circle around our house and by the time we book an appt. it's all gone. Some never get it, Sam is an overbred Persian (not our idea) and his tear ducts are blocked by the squashed in face. Our alternate vet has a lot of toys and one is some kind of fluoroscopy scope. He puts a dye in Andy's eyes (Andy is chronic goopy eye) and with the scope he can see if the dye makes it's way to his nose. It's all connected so tiny problems can get big or just go away. That's life with cats I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.