Milo - Before SRS & 1yr After Pic's

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Wendi and Milo (GA), Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wendi and Milo (GA)

Wendi and Milo (GA) Member

Was looking through the photo's I took of Milo while at CSU in Jan 2009 for his SRS, and feel his appearance has really changed compared to what he looks like now. Not sure if it is just because he feels so much better now or if his broad forehead and protruded jaw have actually shrunk or changed. confused_cat

I sent Dr. L the photos today and asked her if the CT scan he had in Aug (6mths after treatment) would show the actual measurements that could be compared with the scan taken before treatment. Although, I have just really noticed a difference in the last couple months.

k, going to try and attach the before & afters to see if any of you see what I do or not :)
    [​IMG]
    Day Before SRS Jan 2009

[​IMG]
    Day Before SRS Jan 2009

[​IMG]
    1yr Post SRS Jan 2010

[​IMG]
    1yr Post Mar 2010- he is a big boy compared to a normal sized kitty, lol

2. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Interesting - his face does look a bit narrower now.

That could be because he was squinting in the SRS pictures - maybe had a headache?

3. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Those are some great pictures Wendi. He's sure looking good! He does seem to look more "slender" in the face, but I am SO not the person to ask about recognizing features.

Maybe D could Photoshop one on the other to check the dimensions?

4. Wendi and Milo (GA)

Wendi and Milo (GA) Member

I've been reading some on the "human" acro site. There is a post there from a lady who''s acro is in remission and she says she has lost 60lbs and her hands and feet are shrinking . . .

so, guess it is possible, maybe he is shrinking :) although he hasn't lost any weight.

Phoebe, I'm sure he did have headaches and it is very possible that is why he is squinting and looks like crap, I just never knew how bad he looked till I went through those old pictures.

Heather, any GH results yet? I sent Dr. L an e-mail today and asked if she had Milo's back yet. She would like us to continue with testing every 3 months. She will only check his GH & IGF-1 levels, so they only need 2ml instead of 10ml which will make Milo and the blood drawer happy.

5. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

No, no GH results...I can't imagine what's taking so, so long! I sent them in January. :evil:

I watched a show on human acros and they mentioned several times that the people would "return to normal" but I could never tell if they really meant that things would change & shrink or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.