Minou update

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Karen & Angus(GA), Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karen & Angus(GA)

Karen & Angus(GA) Member

I called this morning and talked to her surgeon. She said, "Your little munchkin is doing great!" She said they needed to reduce the pain meds because Minou was a little too loopy. She was laughing when she said it, so I have no idea what she was up to. They were going to attempt to feed her, so I made an appointment to visit at 1:30.

I doubted she would eat, so I brought the arsenal (4 flavors of FF, Wellness Turkey and Chicken & Herring, FortiFlora, freeze dried chicken breast, and Temptations). They left her in her cage and brought me back to the treatment room because they felt she was too agitated to move. She was growling, snapping, and agitated whenever she heard the Tech's voice. She growled at me when I first tried to touch her, but then settled down. I got to pet her and brush her in her cage for about 20 minutes. They then had a "chest case" come in. Since she had calmed down so much, they let me carry her to an exam room. I stayed with her in the exam room for almost two hours. Her paw was swollen from the IV, so we got that fixed and I was able to clean her face and back legs. However, nothing in the arsenal tempted her. I got her to eat 5 pieces of kibble by putting it in her mouth, but she started to get upset so we left it at 5.

I am to call at 8:30 tomorrow to see if she is able to come home.

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Well fiesty is good. Sending "HUNGRY" prayers for your baby to eat. Thanks for the update.
    Jeanne

3. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

Will add my "eat more, Minou" vibes. I hope she gets to come home soon!

4. Jess & Earl

Jess & Earl Member

Fingers crossed for appetite and that she can come home tomorrow :) Keep us posted.

5. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

It will be so good to get her home. Glad you were able to spend so much time with her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.