Min's gone

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by laur+danny+horde, Jun 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laur+danny+horde

laur+danny+horde Member

Those of you who have been around a while may remember the Minibeast, who suffered a sudden and extremely rare airway collapse two years ago. After several failed surgeries, a last-ditch permanent tracheostomy saved him. He also developed asthma. We were told to expect that he would leave us some day for breathing problems, either suddenly or through lung infection. But Mini had been doing so wonderfully this spring, that his sudden death Tuesday night was completely unexpected. Only hours before, he was in fine fettle and very playful. It was just luck that I got some pictures and a video.

I've tried to think of how to describe him and while none of it really does justice, I'll say this: the Minibeast was a vampire-fanged, bat-eared, sleek and muscular little panther of a cat. More then anything, he loved being outdoors in the fenced yard, never minding rain or even snow. He was the bane of voles; he was a mighty moth hunter. Having been fed last as the runt of his litter, he was determined to always eat first. During meat preps, I had his rapt attention and often my shirt was hooked with a claw to drag me closer. He could devour truly astonishing amounts of raw chicken. He was remarkably patient with all his daily medical care, but Min didn't hesitate to nip my nose if he thought I was dawdling with his stoma cleaning. Now and then, he would climb on us and cuddle sweetly under a chin. When he wanted us to follow him, he would huff air out of his stoma with an emphatic "Heh! HEH!" noise. Minibeast was a stubborn, opinionated little cuss of a cat, and we loved him dearly. Though we don't believe in an afterlife, I will hold him in my heart always and when I go, his ashes will be with mine.

I do want to thank those who gave so much support and advice through the years, for Minibeast as well as my other cats. Those of you needing feline asthma supplies, PM me or keep an eye on the Supply Closet.

Last video: http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa31/dannylaur/Min/?action=view&current=Mini6-1-10.flv
    some photos:
    http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa31/dannylaur/Min/Mini7-07.jpg
    http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa31/dannylaur/Min/Mini5-07sm.jpg
    http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa31/dannylaur/Housemates/Mini4-11-801.jpg
    http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa31/dannylaur/Min/Minnebulize9-10-09.jpg
    http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa31/dannylaur/Min/Mini9-21-08004.jpg

2. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

What an amazing little trooper he was. I loved the video and the pictures, thank you for sharing them.

Such a beautiful tribute.

(((hugs)))

3. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

OMG, what a precious cat.
    so sorry for your loss. my deepest sympathies. thank you for sharing him with us.
    gorgeous.
    fly free sweet mini

4. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Laur

I do remember your Minibeast. I remember when he had the trach and you looking for ideas afterwards about collars and all because of it. such a sweet miraculous little guy (((Laur)))

5. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

i am so sorry to see this, laur :( i have always thought he's one of the bravest kitties i know. please accept my deepest condolences.

6. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Laur, my deepest sympathy on the sudden passing of Min. He looked fantastic, so playful and full of it, and even knowing "it" could happen, it must've been devastating when it did. He also looked very young but because of you he was given another 2 years of a loving and happy life. My heart goes out to you.....he was a beautiful kitty and I loved all your pics of him. I am so sorry it was Min's time to leave.

7. Jess & Earl

Jess & Earl Member

Oh Laur I'm so sad to hear this. You have my sympathy.

8. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

Awww, Laur, I'm so sorry. I followed the saga when it happened and am so sorry for his abrupt passing. I love the opinionated, live-life-on-their-terms kitties. My thoughts are with you.

9. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

Min was such a special, brave little fella.
    I am so very sorry for your loss.
    You have my deepest sympathy.

~M

10. Heather & Angel (GA)

Heather & Angel (GA) Member

Laur,

I'm so sorry to hear about Min. He was a special little kitty!

11. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Laur,

I'm very sorry to read of Min's passing. Thank you for sharing the pictures and video when your heart must be breaking. To play like that on his last day must have been a thank you gift from him to you. How precious.

Fly free, sweetest Minibeast. wings_cat

12. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((((((((((((LAUR)))))))))))))))))))))

Sending many cyber hugs for the loss of a very special 'Beast.

13. BobsMom

BobsMom Member

Such a handsome boy. I am so very sorry for your loss.
    wings_cat

14. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

He was a wonderful and brave companion.
    May all your wonderful memories of Min bring you comfort.

Though you don't believe in an afterlife, someday you will be together
    again...where-ever that is.

15. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Even though I cant view your video I too remember Minibeast. What a special and wonderful kitty! My sincere condolences.

Jeanne

16. Jayne & Sweety

Jayne & Sweety Member

I am so sorry for your loss od such a brave, special little kitty.

Fly free Mini!

17. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. What an awesome video of a very courageous kitty.

18. Susie and Moochie

Susie and Moochie Member

Laur, I am really sorry. I remember also when he had the trach. He was a special, special kitty and while I am very sorry that he is gone now I am very happy that he had you to love him.

19. laur+danny+horde

laur+danny+horde Member

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It really means a lot since very few people can really understand what a loss it is. You all know, and that helps.

The Minibeast was only two when his airway collapsed, and only four when he died. Even though I know we were unbelievably lucky to have had those two extra years, and even though intellectually I knew he might go at any time, I wasn't ready to lose Min. I'm still not ready. I guess we never are.

Oh, I miss my little tyrant so much. http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa31/dannylaur/Min/Mini7-07-002.jpg

laur

20. Carol & Yoshi

Carol & Yoshi Well-Known Member

What a cool and brave guy! What wonderful beans he had! So sorry he had to go so abruptly. :(

21. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

(((((Laur))))) May your memories and pictures of Min in time bring a smile to your face. Fly free and land softly, Minibeast!! wings_cat

22. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

(((((( Laur )))))))

so sorry to hear your of your dear friend's passing.
    He was a very special guy and will always be in your heart.

Fly Free Minibeast ! wings_cat

with care and sympathy,

23. Gina & Yittle (GA)

Gina & Yittle (GA) Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss. No matter how much time we get, its never, ever enough.

24. paige

paige Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your sudden loss. I have no words that can make things better. How wonderful that you got a video right before his passing. He is beautiful indeed. Fly free Min rb_icon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.