Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Baby eats a diet of 80% Raw & Wellness when I am not home. Prior to DX she had a movement everyday, now if I am lucky - she has a movement every other day & they are barely anything. How often is safe to give MiraLAX? I have done twice a week & wonder if that is too much?

2. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Feeding a healthier diet will cause less bowel movements. Garbage in, garbage out as the saying goes.

Prior to the dx, was she eating higher carb food or dry?

Lilly Grace is getting about 1/4 tsp every day and lots of extra water with that since Miralax draws water into the colon but at the same time takes it away from other organs. I add the water right to her canned food.

3. Nicole & Baby

Prior to DX, Baby was on good food - but it was dry, her movements were always great. Once a day - average size.
    I hear what you are saying about garbage in, garbage out too. I will keep an eye on things & maybe give it to her more. I do give water in their food a lot, I am surprised Baby & Sadi do not float away :lol:

Attached Files:

4. Carol & Yoshi

Carol & Yoshi Well-Known Member

Another idea if you haven't tried it is adding pumpkin or baby food squash to the food (add water to food also). I recently Niko had slowed down on movements -- he's eating Evo and Wellness -- so started adding 1 tsp. baby food squash to his morning and evening meals, sometimes I just get it in one meal. But he's pooping daily again and prior to this it would go as long as 3 days which was freeking me out. I went to buy plain pumpkin and had to go to a health food store to get it. And then I dropped into a Dollar Store recently and they had Beechnut baby food squash 3/$1 so thought I would try that and it's working fine.

5. Nicole & Baby

Carol.. awesome news.. thank you for the advice -- so Niko does not mind the taste? Guess not if he is eating it!! ;-)

6. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Nicole
    I give Max the Canadian equivalent of Miralax (called Laxaday)
    1/8 tsp at breakfast and dinner.

I started it a while ago (maye it's on my ss) just to make sure he goes okay.
    I sprinkle it on his food and there are no problems.
    Can't say I know for sure if it works well with the 3 cats but no liquidpoo either.

7. Nicole & Baby

Randi.. great to know & thank you for sharing.. I am going to give it a lil more.. Baby seems to not notice it in her food & it always works - produces normal ones!
    Thank, everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.