Mirtazapine side effects - extreme vocalization??

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by paige, Aug 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Hello All,

I have my civvie Chloe a dose of mirtazapine early today for poor appetite due to antibiotics for UTI. She is being so vocal. Much more than usual and it has me concerned. She doesn't seem to be in any pain; just really wanting attention and being vocally demanding. Have any of you used this for appi stimulant and what kind of side effects if any have you noticed?

HX - last day of clavamox for UTI (e coli). All blood work good. No hyperthryoid or renal problems. She lost 1 pound in a week (we think due to AB's and/or new person moving in with us)

2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

3. paige

paige Well-Known Member

4. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Hio Paige-
    Yup, that is a side effect. I used cypro instead of mirtz, which gave similar reaction if dose was too high. It should wear off in the next day. If it gets too concerning dont hesitate to call your vet.

Sorry to hear about the stress and uti. :( Hope it passes quickly.

5. paige

paige Well-Known Member

(((((((Carolyn))))))) I actually thought of contacting you but did not want to upset you with thinking about the times you used it. I hope you are doing better. HUGS!!! :YMHUG: Thank you for posting. Her vocalization really scared (scares) me and knowing that it is somewhat of a normal side effect makes me feel alot better. Whew.

6. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Thank you Cindy, I found that after I posted too. ohmygod_smile

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.