Missed Dose...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cschwa17, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cschwa17

Cschwa17 Member

I have been treating my diabetic cat since January 2018 with pro-zinc insulin 2.5 dose, today is the first time me and my wife will both be out of the house for her evening dose, which she gets around 7pm. We will be gone from 2pm-about midnight. Is it ok to miss a dose? What do I need to do? I do not want to harm the cat and I also want to know if it is ok to miss a dose. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Cschwa17

Cschwa17 Member

Anyone? Walking out the door in about a half hour. Vet says to give it to her at midnight when we get home but then that will mean I have to reset the times we were giving it to her regularly. Any advice is appreciated.

3. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

It's hard to say anything without any data or spreadsheet to look at. Are you testing?

Unless there has been a history of ketones, you should be okay missing one shot. Do not give a late night mini shot. Just shoot at your regular time tomorrow.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  4. Cschwa17

Cschwa17 Member

thank you so much! I had been reading this was the thing to do, I appreciate the response.

5. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

I wouldn't encourage it but a fur shot is no shot at all so the result is the same. The list of "depends on" is too lengthy to get into but I do agree staying on schedule is important especially if you follow a strict feeding schedule. I have some strange sudden-onset medical condition and once a month I cannot see the fingers in front of my face. I apologize to Noah and quickly crawl into bed, life goes on. It's my bad that poking holes in a cat panics my wife.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.