GA Missy passed last night

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Priya&Missy, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Priya&Missy

Priya&Missy Member

Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to share that Missy passed last night around 12:30 am. We had an appointment on Friday to have a mobile vet come over and help her pass at my house but she was unable to hang in there. She seemed okay during the day, at times even appearing bright, alert, and normal. I was syringe feeding and giving her buprenex. She was tired and weak, but she was laying next to me for hours and giving me snuggles and kisses. She was unable to control her bladder so she peed in my bed several times. I kept her warm in a blanket and her heated bed.

My ex, who I got Missy with, wanted to have her for one last night so he picked her up around 5 pm. Around 10:30 pm he called and said she was starting to have seizures so I rushed over. She was twitching and she’d scream out in pain and start gasping and then stop. It looked like she was unable to move her head or body. This continued for a while. We were hoping she’d come back and recover but it didn’t so we got in the car and drove to an emergency hospital. The doctor said it was really bad and she had bleeding in her eye too.

We knew the right thing to do would be to help her pass and not let her suffer any longer. It was her time. We weren’t ready and were hoping for more time but it was out of our control. We held her, kissed her, and spoke to her the entire time and she passed quickly. We hugged the body afterwards for a while and cried. I miss her already and keep expecting to see her or hear her but my apartment is quiet and empty. I’ve spent the afternoon looking through pictures and videos of her and trying to remember the good times/memories and not the traumatizing experience from last night.

I’ll love her forever and there will never be a replacement for her. She was truly special and one of a kind.

Attached Files:

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry that you had to say good bye to your friend. May time grant you peace and healing.

Priya&Missy likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Oh Pryia! My heart aches for you. I'm so terribly sorry that she became so ill. And yes, you were strong and courageous and did the absolutely right thing to help her pass. You are a loving, compassionate person. You did all you could to help her and were a wonderful mama bean to her. Thank you for being there for her, right to the end. I'm sending you much love and support:bighug::bighug::bighug:remember she's resting and is at peace...and has left a mark upon your heart that will take some time to heal...they always do..these sugar babies. She will always be in your heart...and she's simply gone ahead of you...she'll be there when you arrive playing in the meadow with the butterflies.

Rest easy Missy...cat_wings>o

Priya&Missy likes this.
  4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I have already made responses in other threads Priya. And all that remains true. I just wanted to say that in addition to Missy being special and one of a kind, and she definitely was that..so are you very special and one of a kind. You were two peas in a pod and very fortunate to have each other in your lives. Don't be afraid to grieve, it just proves we loved and we miss the ones that have gone ahead. You will keep and treasure the good memories for all time. Peace to you Priya and boyfriend, you did so very well for so very long. :bighug:

Priya&Missy likes this.
  5. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Priya, I just can’t believe what I’m reading. I’m so sorry to hear about Missy, how awful to have lost her so suddenly. You were strong and caring to let her go in such a kind way so that she didn’t have to suffer any more.
    Missy was lucky to have you in her life.

Thinking of you :bighug:

fly free and land softly sweet Missy you will be missed cat_wings>o

Priya&Missy likes this.
  6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I am so sorry. Fly free little one and land softly.

Priya&Missy likes this.
  7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. Be free little one. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Priya&Missy likes this.
  8. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss Priya.

Fly free sweet Missy :rb_icon: 835CA994-3757-44E6-9328-2EA419E6E4A8.jpeg :rb_icon:

Krystina & Nelli and Priya&Missy like this.
  9. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss!

Priya&Missy likes this.
  10. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

:bighug:❤️

Priya&Missy likes this.
  11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. Fly free Missy. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Priya&Missy likes this.
  12. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss Priya. Please take care of yourself. RIP dear Missy. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Priya&Missy likes this.
  13. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Priya&Missy likes this.
  14. Sarah and Blaze

Sarah and Blaze Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss Priya. My heart aches for you. Missy was so lucky to have have such a loving and compassionate mama. You did the right thing to help her pass peacefully, know that she is no longer in pain and she’s no longer suffering. You were by her side until the end and she knows that. She’s at peace now. And I know there are no words to make you feel any better, only time will heal your pain. Remember her and cherish your time together every day, Missy is doing the same❤️

AmandaE and Priya&Missy like this.
  15. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Farewell, pretty girl. cat_wings>o

Priya&Missy likes this.
  16. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Priya, I am so sorry you had to say goodbye to your beautiful girl. :bighug::bighug: You did so much for her, and I am sure she knew that.

Priya&Missy likes this.
  17. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear about Missy's passing. You provided such a wonderful life for her and she was so so so loved. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Priya&Missy likes this.
  18. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

I am so sorry for you loss:bighug::bighug:.

Priya&Missy likes this.
  19. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

So sorry Fly Free little one:bighug::bighug:cat_wings>o:rb_icon:

Priya&Missy likes this.
  20. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss of your beautiful Missy.
    ((((Priya)))) She's in a wonderful place now and feeling good and happy.
    Fly Free sweet one.
    cat_wings>o

Priya&Missy likes this.
  21. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I am so so sorry you had to let Missy cross, may you find some peace and comfort knowing you gave her the ultimate gift of love
    Fly free of pain Missy and go chance the birds and butterflies with all the other GA’s that were there welcoming you

Priya&Missy likes this.
  22. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

It’s so very hard to loss one of our fur babies. I am so very sorry it was her time and that it was so traumatic. I hope soon that only your sweet tender memories of your girl will be all that plays back to you.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Priya&Missy likes this.
  23. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

I'm sending you so much love and peace. It really hurt to read your post, but it was so obvious you loved Missy incredibly, and helped her in every way possible. She was so gorgeous. She isn't hurting, just waiting on the day when she can look into your eyes, and say thank you and I love you.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug: Priya and Missy:bighug::bighug::bighug:

24. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

I am so, so sorry, and if I could, I would you a big hug. This is so hard :( With time, you'll remember her healthy and happy, and the trauma will fade. Sweet Missy was very much loved and cared for. Please stay strong :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Priya&Missy likes this.
  25. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

J.J. and Phoebe Squeak Well-Known Member

Oh no! So very sorry for your loss. Please try to do something nice for yourself.:bighug:

Priya&Missy likes this.
  26. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

I am sorry for your loss. Thoughts & prayers to you & your family.

Priya&Missy likes this.
  27. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Priya, I am so very sorry you have had to say goodbye to Missy.:bighug:
    You cared for her so well and she knew she was loved a lot.
    Fly free beautiful Missy:rb_icon:cat_wings>o

Priya&Missy likes this.
  28. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Priya, Your girl is in a good place at the Bridge with all of our GAs. :rb_icon:They will surround her with their love and compassion until that wonderful day when you will meet again.
    Fly free, sweet Missy! You are much loved.

Priya&Missy likes this.
  29. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

:bighug: ❤️

Priya&Missy likes this.
  30. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sad to read this - I'm truly very sorry for your pain and loss
    RIP, sweet girl
    :bighug::bighug:

Priya&Missy likes this.
  31. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

So so sorry for the loss of your beautiful friend. :(

Priya&Missy likes this.
  32. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Charlotte and Lucky’s mom Well-Known Member

Priya, although I am new to the group, I’d like to express my condolences for the loss of your beloved fur baby. Although it is a difficult time for you at the moment, remember that is was your unconditional love for her that brought her many years of a happy life. Although she has crossed the rainbow bridge, I believe someday you will be reunited with her. Until then, remember all the happy memories you had with her.

Priya&Missy likes this.