Misty

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by rowena, Sep 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rowena

rowena Member

Hello. Misty and I are at the start of the diabetes journey. She is a feisty girl and so home testing is a problem. I have a question about urinalysis and dosing, but I’m not sure where to post it. I’m still very overwhelmed even a month into this journey.

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Good morning and welcome Rowena and Misty. It does feel overwhelming when you get that diagnosis and then learn what you are going to have to do to help your little diabetic kitty.

But the good news: you are in the right place to learn the sugar dance and have the support of members at all stages of diabetic care.

One thing you could do to help us help you is to create a signature so we can see Misty's information whenever you post:

Setting up your signature (light grey text under a post). Here's how:
    click on your name in the upper right corner of this page
    click on "signature" in the menu that drops down
    type the following in the box that opens: kitty's name/age/date of diabetes diagnosis/insulin you're using and dosage amount /glucose meter you're using/what (s)he eats/any other meds or health issues (s)he has. You can add your name, and a geographic location (sometimes the country/time zone matters) Be sure to SAVE when you are finished.

If you haven't yet, please re-visit the Home Page and read the Getting Started and the Education sections on the right side of the page.

Be aware, there is a great deal of information here on the board that you will probably be reading at least portions of as you get started. I think of it as a library of sorts, and no one expects you to read all of it or absorb it instantly. We will try to help you by providing links to "what's first" etc as you learn to negotiate the board and the different forums. We all started in the same place, with that diagnosis and then "what the heck do I do now"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.