Mitzelplik update and more questions

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mitzelplik's Mom, Feb 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitzelplik's Mom

Mitzelplik's Mom Member

Hello again. Posted an intro about 3 weeks ago and wanted give an update. (Sorry, I'm not sure how to link to my original post). Anyway, the suspected UTI was indeed and infection (e coli). Mitz seems to be doing well in that regard. However, her BG numbers have been all over the place lately. They went up right after her vet visit on Jan 22 (no surprise) but stayed a little on the high side for several days. Vet said sometimes antibiotics can raise BG and advised not changing insulin dose. Numbers started looking slightly better after the 14 days were up but in the last few days they're getting pretty erratic. The only thing new is that I started giving her D-Mannose 4 days ago. It's said to be very effective in preventing UTI's and is not supposed to interfere with blood sugar levels. I'll try to get several checks in this weekend to get more mid-cycle and morning data on her chart and also include more info on meal & med timing. Any thoughts?

Joan

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Could be something else going on causing the increase.
    Since you've got your signature and spreadsheet set up, come on over to either Feline Health or the ProZinc forum to post more questions.

3. Mitzelplik's Mom

Mitzelplik's Mom Member

Thanks BJM. Just posted on the main health forum too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.