Mobility without the carbs like J/D

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Fievel, Sep 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fievel

Fievel Member

I had my sugar baby on Hills J/D for a time before he was found to have diabetes. My poor baby has arthritis in his hips and I noticed that the j/d has way too many carbs in it. My old vet suggested gabapentin to help with the pain but I remember reading on here that that can cause issues with his blood sugar so I was wondering if anyone has found anything that works as well as the j/d that wouldn't complicate things. Just a month ago my poor baby has his last two teeth pulled out (Thank you so much Venita and DCIN for helping with that.) to get rid of the infection they were causing. Also had three masses removed and found out he is borderline on his kidneys so I have started him on LRS as well. I am fortunate that Cuddles is so food oriented. The huge 18 gauge needed doesn't even cause him to flinch when it is inserted to put the needle under his skin and will stay there chomping away without caring about the needle at all. In the past I have also tried cosequin but it didn't work nearly as well as the J/D did but paying for the J/D Wasn't an option for long due to finances.

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.