Mocha very sluggish today

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Langfordsherrie, May 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Langfordsherrie

Langfordsherrie New Member

Mocha is very sluggish today. Her BG YESTERDAY were 278, 344, & 388 and given 1/2 u twice.
    Today they are 254, 154 & 356 and seemed fairly perky til a couple hours after her AM shot 1/2 unit Prozinc. She’s been very sluggish until now at 9:30 PM and seems better but was due her PM shot at 9:00 PM. I wonder if it the insulin making her sluggish because BG are not crazy high and not low either. Don’t know if I should skip her 9:00 shot now or not? Any suggestions?
    I do plan on taking her to vet tomorrow to have her looked at if she doesn’t perk up tomorrow .
    She’s eating good tho.

2. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

So sorry we weren't here last night! What times did you get those numbers? Are they AMPS, +6, and PMPS? Is she normally sluggish? Is she eating? Has anything else changed? How long has she been at this dose?

There are a lot of things that can be making her sluggish...I think a vet visit first is a good plan. If that comes back with nothing, it may be that the insulin is making her feel sluggish. It doesn't usually affect cats that way, but it CAN....just like humans, something can affect me that doesn't affect you.

If you can let us know about the questions above and let us know what the vet says, we can definitely help you figure out what's going on with Mocha.

Langfordsherrie likes this.
  3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

As Rachel said, insulin can affect cats differently. My guy was definitely sluggish in the first hours after his shot when he was on ProZinc. It was one of the reasons I switched to Lantus. He was on ProZinc for many, many months so I knew the pattern well. It's probably too early for you to switch insulin. A vet visit is a good idea if this goes on.

Langfordsherrie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.