Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mocha's mom

Mocha's mom New Member

Hi. I'm new here, courtesy of our beautiful 18 year old Siamese rescue kitty Mocha. I will post Qs in other threads, but wanted to introduce myself. Mocha close-up.JPG

2. Julia Rae

Julia Rae Well-Known Member

Oh what a pretty baby.. welcome to the madness known as the sugar dance.

3. Cat Ma

Cat Ma Well-Known Member

Mocha is a beauty. Welcome to FDMB!

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB.
    Tell us a bit about yourself and how Mocha came to be diagnosed.

5. Mocha's mom

Mocha's mom New Member

Thank you all for the welcomes. Mocha was diagnosed with diabetes July 9 of this year. She had been diagnosed with pancreatitis a couple years ago, and we had that under control with a change in her diet, but the damage had been done. We started with Humulin insulin, but after reading on this Website that it's not standard of care, we switched to Levemir. I have lots of Qs, but think it would be better to save them for another thread.

We've had Mocha only three and a half years. Her owner was dying of cancer and she couldn't care for her anymore. I'm with a rescue group, and we took her to foster and get a new home. Foster failure are we, and we are very fortunate to have this kitty in our home. It's been a struggle as she doesn't get along with other cats, but she loves us and we love her. I do think we are at the hospice stage with her though. Hoping to make her comfortable from now to when she decides she's done.

6. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Diabetes is a very treatable disease, although it can take some patience and perseverance on the caregiver's part!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.