Moles on a cat?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Shiloh & Rhonda (GA), Jul 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Shiloh & Rhonda (GA) Well-Known Member

Shiloh is due for a check-up, and will have them check this, but it feels and looks like a mole to me. Anybody else care to chime in?

Attached Files:

2. Allie & Cloud

Allie & Cloud Member

Hmm... it certainly does look like moles but I would get that checked. Could be age catching up with your baby, not sure if cats get spots but I know humans do! So maybe our furry babies do to.

Shiloh & Rhonda (GA) likes this.
  3. Hizzoze

Hizzoze Member

Two of our dogs had moles. I know that might not help you, but I'm sure cats can get them too.

Shiloh & Rhonda (GA) likes this.
  4. Allie & Cloud

Allie & Cloud Member

If a dog can get moles then I'd say it's probably safe to assume a cat can get moles. Hopefully it's just cute little age spots on a beautifully aged cat~

Shiloh & Rhonda (GA) and Hizzoze like this.
  5. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Squallie has a couple of spots like that, too, but he has more hair around the mole (no bare patch). I keep an eye on them to see if they change - so far they have not - and will either take him to be seen if they do change, or have the vet check them on his next visit, if not. I think they're just moles, they don't bother him and they aren't growing or becoming inflamed.

6. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Is it firm or kind of fleshy? Does it roll around like a pea when touched or is it firmly attached? Looks like it could be a sebaceous cyst which is totally benign and best left alone unless it gets large enough to cause discomfort or it gets infected. If that's what it is, it may just disappear on its own or burst to release the contents which can be fluid/cottage cheese like or waxy. Never hurts to have it checked out but it doesn't look like anything concerning to me. I'd keep an eye on it and see if it continues to get any larger.

7. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Shiloh & Rhonda (GA) Well-Known Member

It's firm and fleshy, if that makes sense. It is firmly attached. It is behind one of her ears, behind it but above her collar. Causes her no issues. If it hadn't been for that dot on it, I wouldn't really have thought much about it. Looks like a flesh colored mole I have on my chin.

8. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

It sounds and looks like a cyst and that little dark spot could be the equivalent of a black head on it or perhaps Shiloh always had a little extra pigmentation there that you never would have seen without the now presenting bump. Of course all of this is just a guess on my part but I'd watch it and see if it changes at all. If it's a cyst it could shrink away itself, stay the same or get larger all of which are normal. If it bursts or changes appearance, then I would definitely have it looked at just to be safe.

9. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Tiffany had one removed and so did Max. Both benign. No sedation was needed. I hope the same for you. I'd have the vet decide if a biopsy is needed. Hope all is good otherwise.

10. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Sure looks like a cutaneous mast-cell tumor. I had one (1.5 cm in diameter) removed last month. Removal resulted in a 5-inch suture line
    Bun-tumor.jpg
    Bun-sut.jpg

I had mast-cell tumors removed from several of my other cats but they were less than 1/2 cm

11. Allie & Cloud

Allie & Cloud Member

I was optimistic it was agi g spots. I apologoze but yay for knowledgeable people!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.