Monday April 5th - Jeddie was 152 on newer meter

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

I did a lot of checking online and the new meter is supposed to be very accurate according to studies. Makes me wonder if the old meter is the one that is wrong - whcih would make this whole episode with Jeddie going back on the juice suspicious. My normal meter (True Track) is 2-1/2 years old and on the original battery. I haven't done any tests with the testing solution in a long time. I don't know. I have a second True Track so maybe I will compare them when I get my strips tomorrow.

SS is up to date, except for this am. I did not want to turn on my computer because the power supply fan is going.

I noticed him drinking water twice this am. That makes it two time that I have noticed him drinking water since I got him.... not good.

2. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

The difference between meters is enough to make one batty! For a while there i was perseverating on the difference between a True Test and a Contour (as you know). Finally i chucked both of them to the back of the 'diabetes cabinet' and bought a Relion at Walmart. Pick the one you prefer and stick with it (while trying not to compare - i know easier said then done).

No, the water drinking is not good but wasn't it also very warm by you yesterday? I am making that up? He's eating right?

3. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Yeah, he is eating ok, playing, sleeping, asking for cuddles. It was warm, but not "very warm" yesterday, so I don't think its that.

I had major meter issues tonight. New vial of strips and 4 "strip" errors. I called the company and I guess that means the strips are the issue, not the meter or my technique. They are sending me more strips....

OK, gotta sign off, thunderstorms and hail and loud clunking noises on the roof...

4. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

There is nothing worse than getting an error message and having wasted a strip. I'm so sorry you're going through all this. Will you stick with this meter if you continue to have probs with the strips?

5. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

No. That was a back-up meter/strips. Not sure why I felt I had to buy 100 strips.

Tonight I tested myself on the new meter and both of my TrueTrack meters (I got my order of TT strips today). Ther results were: 91, 92, 73. Guess which one was the 73? Sigh... If I was 73, I think I would have "felt" it. Now I wonder if it's just this one meter, or if the design is flawed. But how can that be?

Anyway, I am back to the TT for Jeddie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.