Monkey (Aisling Hope)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by VickyG, Mar 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VickyG

VickyG New Member

FC0102D2-8B22-4420-82EA-2FA5AFDDC5A6.jpeg Hi Everyone! I am
    Vicky and my diabetic kitty is Monkey. She is 17 with IBS and newly diagnosed diabetes.
    I have 2 kitties and 2 ferrets and work with animals so everything I own has some fur on it. Lol!
    Best!!
    Vicky

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    Reason for edit: spelling error
  2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Hi! Welcome

3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome! Cute kitty and cute avatar!

4. VickyG

VickyG New Member

Great info!
    Love the video. Saw it yesterday and was determined to test with Monkey. You do such a good job of addressing the worries that kept me from doing it with Gemma years ago after trying and failing. CC seems like a sweetheart. ❤️
    Thank you so much!
    Vicky

JanetNJ likes this.
  5. VickyG

VickyG New Member

Thank you Sharon!
    ❤️

Sharon14 likes this.
  6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Glad you found it helpful. I didn't test at first... But when the dose was raised I got nervous and was so worried she was going to hypo. Once I started it was a relief and I wished I started sooner. She is very sweet and patient. Will be 15 this month. I've had her for 14 years.

7. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey little Monkey, this place should get you back on track !! Welcome Vicky, everybody here is there for both of you !

8. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome Vicky and Monkey. You are going to find the information and support you need here as you begin this new journey. It would be very helpful if you would create a signature so that Monkey's information is available with each of your posts:
    (light grey text under a post). Here's how:
    click on your name in the upper right corner of this page
    click on "signature" in the menu that drops down
    type the following in the box that opens: kitty's name/age/date of diabetes diagnosis/insulin you're using and dosage amount /glucose meter you're using/what (s)he eats/any other meds or health issues (s)he has. You can add your name, and a geographic location (sometimes the time zone matters)
    Since you are going to start BG testing at home you should set up a spreadsheet like the one we use here. We can all see it and look at it before offering advice:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/understanding-the-spreadsheet-grid.156606/
    This is just the introduction forum and you can post questions and concerns in the Main Health forum HERE
    More members monitor that forum so they can help out.
    Best wishes going forward :cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.