Monkey

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Monks, Sep 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monks

Monks New Member

Hello, my name is Yvette.. My cat Monkey , female was diagnosed today with Diabetes..i am in shock but after reading about i know I can help her .

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome! Love the name. I often call my girls monkeys. :) It is overwhelming in the beginning, but it will get better.

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi Yvette and Monkey. Welcome to FDMB. There is a wealth of information here on feline diabetes and I'm glad you have begun. Be sure to read the information on the Home Page: Getting Started and Education. Not everything is going to stick the first time, with the shock of the diagnosis etc. But, you can re-read whenever and as many times as you want. There is other information here in the forums, on specific insulins, a wonderful food chart and the FAQs forum too.
    I will tell you, it's treatable, it's doable, it will just become part of your and Monkey's life. I, too, believe you can help her.
    You can ask questions in the Main Forum, this forum is like the welcome mat on the front porch, and not as many members can look in as often as they would like.
    When you make your first post there, tell us if your vet prescribed insulin, what kind, what dosage? What kind of food are you feeding Monkey? Did your vet tell you about home testing and how important it is? Let us help you help Monkey.

5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Can we see a photo of Monkey? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.