monoject syringes/Ketostick questions

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Donna & Buddha, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

I purchased some monoject 5/16' syringes from Hocks recently. I'm new to this brand of syringe, and have used them just a couple of weeks now. I peeled open one this morning, and it was totally defective. It looks like there were two needles pushed into it, one seated correctly and the other sticking out much further.

Is this just a rare fluke, or do I need to be checking my syringes pretty closely before I use them? I never had a problem with my old brand.

Also, from that same order from Hock's -- I ordered 50 Ketostix and was sent a package of 100. Looked as if a label had been peeled off the top of the box before it was shipped. Otherwise, they seemed fine. Is the bottle usually sealed in any way? Encased in plastic or a foil top?

Thanks!

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi there

sorry I've never used monojet, I used BD brand...hoping others can assist with the brand u purchased.

As for the ketostix, have u checked for an expiry date? they are usually good for about 3 months from the day you open the box. The bottle itself may or may not be sealed, but you might want to double check the expiry date.
    If you're unsure, contact the company you purchased it from.

3. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Hi - I've been using the Monoject syringes from Hocks for a couple years now.

Out of approximately 1500 syringes, we've had 5 defective ones.

The defects have been: missing the first unit mark, and hard/impossible to move the plunger

We used the one missing a mark (eyeballed it), but pitched the ones that wouldn't budge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.