Month-iversary

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Caitlin M, Mar 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caitlin M

Caitlin M Well-Known Member

Happy Sunday all!

Yesterday was Pita's 1 month since his first ever dose of PZI. He has been doing so much better than before his diet change and insulin routine. We've had some up's and down's with testing but seem to be in a good, comfortable routine. I have had him at 2 units twice a day, going on 11 days now. I have been giving a skinny 2 during the week at am, when I'm at work and can not test, followed by a fat 2 at pm when I am home. I'm also finishing up the rest of Fancy Feast Pate I bought, and am switching them to Friskies Pate, since it fits my budget a bit better. Just saying hello and thank you for all the wonderful help and encouragement I've received since I joined. I'm also looking to see if anyone has any suggestions or advice for the next step in this process. Do we stay at this dose and continue to play around a bit and see how regulated we can become? Any other thoughts or comments? Hope parents and fur babies alike are doing well! :joyful:

Yong & Maury GA and StephG like this.
  2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Congratulations on completing a month and making all this a part of your "new normal"! :) I think you can keep doing what you've been doing dose-wise and gather more data. You've had some nice blues and greens.

Caitlin M likes this.
  3. Caitlin M

Thanks Kris and Teasel! Hope you've both been doing well

4. Kris & Teasel

We're fine. Teasel is being his usual bouncy self but I'm used to it. :confused::)

5. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Happy anniversary? Lol....yep you've had some lovely numbers in there...just keep on keeping on!

6. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

:bighug: You made it! Now it feels like we have been doing this longer than we actually have, or is that just me? ;)

Caitlin M likes this.
  7. Caitlin M

Oh, at least by a couple years or so...!! :p

8. Caitlin M

@ShipsCat are you possibly around? His AMPS was just 268. Looking at his last couple PMPS #'s, I've given a normal 2 units and his nadir has been low 100's. I won't be home to test after his shot this am, but I'm wondering if I should just have some faith and give a normal 2 units instead of the skinny? Thanks!

9. Caitlin M

10. Caitlin M

Ok, after really looking more, I am going to have some faith and have some confidence and give him just a normal 2 units.:joyful:

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  11. Yong & Maury GA

I think he'll be ok with the 2.0U :)

12. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Hey Caitlin! Sorry I was fast asleep (dreaming about work....sigh). You did exactly as I would have suggested! Looking back, you've had similar preshots and been hitting blues at nadir...and you still have over 50 points to drop at nadir before it gets dangerous. Therefore, I think that's a great dose for today! Side note, you've had some lovely cycles lately!

13. Kris & Teasel

Looking good!

14. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Good job trusting yourself! That's hard to do, but for what it's worth, I think you made a good decision. You are getting some really nice numbers right now. Way to go, Pita!

Caitlin M likes this.
  15. Caitlin M

Thanks everyone!

16. Djamila

Caitlin, those night cycles are looking really nice! With the lower pre-shot tonight, I'm curious what you'll see at the +5....

17. Caitlin M

Thanks so much for checking in! The +5 was just 153. It's interesting to me that he seems to be reaching the 400s for one pre shot each day. Not sure if I should up his dose this weekend when I'll be around, but yes I'm happy with how it's looking overall!

18. Djamila

Hmmm...I was keeping my fingers crossed for a green tonight! You've been at 2u for a while, but he's also getting some pretty good numbers. I wonder if he's going lower at +6 and maybe bouncing some of those reds? I'd be curious what other people think about increasing the dose this weekend?

19. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Hi Caitlin! I think I'd increase this weekend if he was mine. You're getting some nice numbers but we want to see it a bit lower.

20. Caitlin M

Haha thanks for the hoping! Yeah I'm thinking he might be bouncing a bit as well.
    Thanks! I agree with you both and will probably go up by .2 units or so on the u100 needles this weekend.

21. Kris & Teasel

I agree that a little increase is in order. :)

22. Caitlin M

O
    Ok good! Do you think 2.2 would be good?

23. Yong & Maury GA

Sounds good to me :)

24. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Yep, that's what I'd do too!

25. Kris & Teasel

Yes, try 2.2 u.

26. Caitlin M

Happy Friday everyone! Little update- I was able to do a +6 last night and he was at a lovely 69! I had fallen asleep on the couch and missed the +5, so it worked out very well that way. I was so excited, gave him lots of kisses and decided to go to bed. I realized that if I had tested at +5, he may have been in the 100's, since that's been his trend and I never would have seen the +6 reading. I determined that everything was good and we went to sleep! His AMPS was just 242 also :) Part of me is a bit nervous now giving him a normal 2 units, but that's what I've been doing with very similar readings for the past few days, so I am going to have some faith! Now, the new question-do I still increase a bit this weekend with this new finding? I'll see what his PMPS is and also do a +6 tonight. Hope everyone has a great day!

Yong & Maury GA and Djamila like this.
  27. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Huh! No one saw that coming...I'm not sure about an increase now, Caitlin. That's darn close to the "unsafe" number (not saying that it was unsafe...just that it's coming close to 50). I think I might hold off on that increase after all...

28. Caitlin M

I know right?! I'd love to know if his +6's have all been a bit lower like that or if they stayed around the +5 numbers I've been getting. Go figure

Djamila likes this.
  29. Kris & Teasel

That 69 is telling you to hold the 2 u dose for now. Can you do a curve this weekend?

30. Caitlin M

I was thinking about a curve. I can see how close to a curve I can get, but there may be a time I need to do a +3

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  31. Caitlin M

And go figure, a 402 for the PMPS.

32. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I think it's a bounce Caitlin...could be a delayed reaction from last night...could be he went low again mid cycle today.

33. Yong & Maury GA

I agree with Rachel, he has a thing for repeating numbers lol. 21 March was 402 too! Maybe it's this weeks winning number :cat:

Djamila and Caitlin M like this.
  34. Caitlin M

Yeah that was my thinking as well. I'm going to do a +6 tonight and see where he is. I'll let you all know and see where we think I should go from here!

Djamila, Yong & Maury GA and Rachel like this.
  35. Caitlin M

+6 was 72. Test again in an hour? I agree that there may be some bouncing but looking at his numbers I'm also thinking it seems like he may be starting to regulate a bit more? Overall his pre shots have been in the 200's and his +#'s have been in the blues, now seeing greens. I'm still not great at deciphering, so send the advice my way! I unfortunately won't be home to do any testing between his shots tomorrow (maybe a +4am) but should be available all night/day Sunday in case of a curve or dose increase. Thanks all!

36. Kris & Teasel

Yes, test in an hour. I think he's going fairly low mid cycle and then bouncing high for PS sometimes.

37. Djamila

I think the bouncing idea might be that maybe he's going low during the day when you're at work/during the night when you're sleeping, and then hitting some of those reds as a bounce up from those low numbers. The only way to know is to get some mid-cycles during the day if you can this weekend. Especially since it looks like his nadir might have shifted a bit later - an indication that it's lasting longer.

As for testing again, I'd say your call. He's likely at nadir, and 72 is safe. If your mama sense is telling you to get one more, do it. If you're feeling like he's okay, then sleep well.

38. Caitlin M

+7 was a nice 80 :D. Heading to bed. I'll see what I can do tomorrow with testing. Think I should keep it at 2 still?!

39. Kris & Teasel

Yes. Keep it at 2 u for now. Get mid cycle tests whenever you can.

40. Yong & Maury GA

Look at all the blues and greens in your PM cycles, Pita! :cat:

41. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I'd think a curve would be good if you can grab one soon. I'm with Kris and Djamila...I think you're seeing bouncing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.