More complications!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Beth & Atlas, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beth & Atlas

Beth & Atlas Well-Known Member

I guess I am more or less venting...

Atlas has been doing real good. He was up and about playing, gaining weight (still gaining) and actually acting like a cat.

Ten days ago he started with loose bowels. We've been doing the medication from the vet with no improvement. We're staying with the medication and adding childrens immodium 1cc twice a day.

Now for the new symptom...red, swollen, ears. No mites. What the heck?! :? How am I supposed to test the old boy? He is in pain at even the slightest touch and now I'm supposed to poke him? The vet is checking to see what he can prescribe that is non-steroidal. He gave me Chlorphen to try.

This poor guy...he has got to feel miserable.

2. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Have you tried Forti-flora or yogurt? (plain unsweetened) or some other "pro-biotic"?

3. Kimber and Bunny GA

Kimber and Bunny GA New Member

Maybe an allergic reaction to the immodium or other meds if he is taking them?

Canned pumpkin or boiled boneless skinless chicken used to help firm up Woody's stools.

I understand why the vet is hesitating to give steroids, but if they will HELP then I would use them. Bunny did not get increase in BG's from them and I know a half dozen other gals who have used steroids on their diabetics without issue. Every cat is different and you don't know if you don't try...

BEST WISHES!!!!!!!

4. Beth & Atlas

Yes, I've been using bactaquin 10 days.

:-|

5. Beth & Atlas

We're just starting the immodium and the other med is metrodizinol, which we've been on for 7 days. (sp?). It is supposed to be helping with the calming down the inflammation in the digestive tract and is an antibiotic.

I think the vet is being real cautious partly because Atlas is still considered in recovery and when we met the last time I may have intimidated/challenged him with my charts and knowledge of diabetes. He knows I am not going to let them mishandle Atlas' situation again, so he is double checking everything.

Thanks for the Well Wishes...!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.