more Minky update

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by minky and diana, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minky and diana

minky and diana New Member

I'm wondering if the glucometer is working properly. Minky's fasting test was 9.3 mmol/L this morning. Yesterday was 32.6 mmol/L. Are such wide readings to be expected?
    Unfortunately the vet I see won't be in until Friday so I will take Cat and glucometer and discuss insulin. Is glargine the preferred choice? Minky is not getting insulin at this point.
    I will clarify what the vet thinks is normal range for BG. She wrote down 6-17 mmol/L.
    She also wrote down that fasting test should be lowest and 1-2 hours after eating should be highest. We are getting the opposite. Which should it be?
    Diana

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

If you do not have control solution, test yourself. If you are not diabetic you should be about 100 or so.

3. Pam and Layla

Pam and Layla Member

The numbers can vary per cat. I think she is just giving you some general guidlines. I'm glad you are going forward with treatment. Lantus is an excellent choice to start and does have a high remission rate.
    Best,
    Pam & Layla

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.