More news you might not know about.....

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Patti and Merlin, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

Just trying to get more news out to everyone so again thought I'd post a little update here about hi dose kitties and acrocats - things YOU might find interesting.....

Did you know that some of our acrocats are going for stereotactic radiosurgery and having great success.

Heather's Boo went off insulin 12 weeks after treatment. And Wendi's MIlo just celebrated an OTJ party. this is THE FIRST promising treatment for these kitties ever. All thanks to a Dr Lunn at Colorado State University. But the very first kitty ever to undergo this was Joan and Madison. You can read about Madison's excellant adventure at:
    http://catacromegaly.com/acmb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=780
    Soon we will have pictures to go along with her story and the others who have followed.

To see more kitties like those above - you might be interested in our first ever catacro calendar: You might even see some of your friends there. and remember FDMB and catacro are sister sites - both run by our own Rebecca.
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23984

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23984

2. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

That was a great report from Joan. Thanks for sharing.

Calendar ordered!! I am really looking forward to it, and very glad to help support Rebecca's ACMB!!

3. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

Thanks Venita - you and everyone else has been so supportive.

I thought it might be more interesting to post some of the info about our cats instead of just the link to the sticky all the time.

For new people - studies are showing that 30% of all diabetic cats are eventually diagnosed with acromegaly - learn the signs, symptoms - and know that we...the hi dose group area always there for you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.