? More questions

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Becky & Baby Girl GA, Oct 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

To Alan
    Thank you & I did buy some u-40 syringes. When should I do a curve? Regular testing daily or wait as I understand this is a different type of insulin than what I was using. Do I need to wait a week if I need to raise the dose? See! I’m just full of questions! Lol
    Thank you x’s 10

Baby Girl Kitty. 11 yr old. Blind. Diagnosed Sept. 17: Just beginning again. Was on Novolin N -now on prozinc 1.5. Had cystitis, pancreatitis on initial visit. Home testing bg - relion. Eunucleation due to iritis & glaucoma. 2013 & 2014.

2. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

I just read your profile, so sorry about your first cat. You're here now so lets work on Baby Girl. Curves are essential whenever you raise or lower a dose significantly or as a general maintenance guide to how well the insulin is working. It sounds like you've already got a handle on the basics. I usually say you can never test too much but that doesn't mean you should hover over her 24/7. How does Baby handle the poking? If she's blind she must really trust you, that's a product of love and faith.

3. Becky & Baby Girl GA

First off I want to say a BIG thank you for even asking about how a blind cat reacts to poking! I have been her mama & taught her to manuever. She even knows what “go around”means. She is not happy about the testing & after a couple tests I have to keep her from hiding the rest of the day! She has tried to bite me which hasn’t happened since her eye removal. Everyone here is like “oh they forget... “ not Baby. You try poking your child that is blind & semi feral! That said I won’t give up quite yet! Yes - my children say I love her more than them! Not so but... she seems to know somethings not right & has clung to me. Not like her!
    I will test her tomorrow as yesterday was day one on the prozinc. Psyching myself up! Thank you again for letting me vent & being a sensitive caring person! Your Noah is beautiful!

4. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Is the cat or you Noah; Dickson . Sorry if I got the cats name wrong; your cat is a beauty.

5. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Hi Baby's Mum! Ignore my post on Supply Closet as I see you've already moved the thread here :D.

Becky & Baby Girl GA likes this.
  6. Becky & Baby Girl GA

:cat: Trying to follow rules! ??? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.