mornings in the 60's

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by RobbiesMom, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobbiesMom

RobbiesMom Member

Not just the weather but Robbie's numbers (actually the temp this am was like 49) Robbie has been about 62-66 each morning - I have not plugged the numbers into his SS but will soon -
    Just touching base - he's doing well - have not checked him at night since I've been getting home after 9pm exhausted and just couldn't deal with the trauma of it all. But each morning he's been in low/mid 60's. Find out the Fructosimine test info today - will report back soon - thanks again everyone.

2. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

This is all without insulin, just diet, right? :mrgreen:

3. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

awesome!

one thing to keep in mind, so you don't freak out :) the fructosamine kinda gives the average of the glucose levels over the prior two weeks right before it's done, soooooooooooooo, you might get a result that is higher than what you are seeing at home simply because he's continuing to improve After the fructosamine was run.

and, fwiw, in case you haven't seen it yet, a fructosamine number is not directly comparable to a glucose number. you have to do a conversion. here's the chart for that http://www.sugarcats.com/infirmary/fructosamine.asp

4. RobbiesMom

RobbiesMom Member

Cindy thanks for that just got off the phone with the Vet - his fructosimine went from a high of 953 2 weeks ago to 519 BUT you are right and the vet pointed this out - it is reflecting numbers from 9/1 and around there which were still in the high 300's - soooo - status quo - keep testing morning and night if poss., no dry food, no insulin (unless he's over 350 morning AND night and than just give him .25) - I willcheck the conversion chart and thanks for all that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.