Moxie and dosing

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Hizzoze, Jul 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hizzoze

Hizzoze Member

Good evening (depending on where you are). Moxies SS numbers have been in the pink and yellow, no matter what dose she has been on, so far. She has been on 2u for a little over a day (I think I missed a dose yesterday). Should I keep her on 2u for tomorrow am & pm or go up to 2.5u? Or even just2.25u? Tomorrow?
    Looking into a pet sitter to come to the house to give Moxie her injections while we are at the beach. But it isn't looking promising. I am beyond worried about boarding her. Just her stress level alone, worries me! My husband thinks she would be safer at a vets. I can see why. I just hope, if something happens to her they would try to help her, even though it isn't her regular vet. My Aunt & uncles dog passed away at the vet, when they were away (a few years ago) and they were devastated. I can't imagine that happening! :nailbiting: I know I worry too much but Moxie just hasn't been herself for a while now. I hope her numbers start to go down a bit, soon.
    I also talked to her vet (kinda). He wasn't in the office this week. So the receptionist took my message and talked to the vet that was there for Dr G. He sd he couldn't really help BC he doesn't know Dr G's policy on home testing. So I gave all of our info to the receptionist. She said Moxie should still come in for a curve at some point. But there is no rush.

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I suggest you increase to 2.25 u tomorrow AM. Hold that dose for 2 days and if you don't see any blue, increase to 2.5 u and hold that for 2 days, then 2.75 u, 3.0 u, 3.25 u, etc. Get those mid cycle and before bed tests as often as you can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.