Mr. Kitty is always hungry

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sue Frei, Aug 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue Frei

Sue Frei New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I'm bran new to the group, so I apologize ahead of time if I don't do everything correct. My question is this. I'm taking care of my sons cat, that is diabetic. I give insulin shots 2 times a day. My question is, even though I'm giving insulin, Mr. Kitty, our cat, is always hungry. I feel so bad for her. Is this normal? Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

2. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

Hi Sue, you could try asking this on the main health forum where more people will see it :)
    But yes I noticed my kitty eating more but she never gained weight, since she started insulin I notice that she eats more when her blood glucose levels drop - I usually test her when she does this. :)

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Yes, it seems to be somewhat normal, especially if the BG is not well controlled.

Also, could you edit your subject line to remove the GA . GA stands for Gone ahead/guardian angel: the cat has passed away.

4. Sue Frei

Sue Frei New Member

Thank you! I thought GA was "general audience." I've got more to learn. Thank you for letting me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.