Mr Tinkles 6/14

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Laurie and Mr Tinkles, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

PMPS +12 140

I fed him at +12. Tested at +12.75 231

AMPS 231 2.1u (eyeballed between 2.0 & 2.2)
    +2 283

I took the advice to lower the dose a bit. Sleep is a luxury, I'll catch up later! :mrgreen:

2. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

Hey Laurie, I just saw this! So, last night he hit PMPS 140 meaning he was still riding a little. Looking at SS tonight... If it were me. I'd wait to see how far he'll go to hit his nadir. I know this is messing up time schedule and this is hard because you're not getting much sleep. I'm just not sure about today's numbers. I am just wondering about that nadir being past +8 and the saying about if that's so... go to SID?

I posted this on the 6/13 posting

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it's safe to conclude though that the later nadir is the norm for him? Earlier #s suggest a nadir that's earlier in the cycle, so this may be more some wonkiness than a real indicator of how his body utilizes PZI? As an "as needed" fan as well, I'd be hesitant on SID b/c then he can ride in slightly higher #s for so long before getting the next shot. I've dabbled in SID with Bix and haven't been happy with it, though he gets awesome duration. But then I haven't found an alternate strategy either that I'm happy with. :?

I'm also not liking the #s on 2.1 much :evil: amazing how such a little change can make such a huge difference in the #s. So it may be a case where you will need to stick with 2.2 afterall & then be stuck with a wacky schedule. Could be Mr. P is trying to get in the game and maybe that is contributing to the more extended good #s on the 2.2 dose? Well, I'm not really sure, but I'll be watching to see what works! Feel free to throw my prior dosing advice out the window - sometimes what makes sense (to me at least) doesn't prove itself to be the best game plan, oh well. :roll:

4. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Michelle, the PMPS +12 140 was this morning....meaning that 12 hours after his shot last night, he was at 140. I fed him then, and 45 min later he was at 231...so that was my AMPS this morning. Does that make more sense now?

His numbers today are wacky. I fed him FF instead of SK this morning, and he zoomed up and it seemed like he has done a gradual decline since +4. His BG was steady from +10 to +12, so I fed SK and shot 2.1u at +12....then came here and saw your posts! I could have held off on his shot until later, but I would have already fed him and that would cause a food spike, so I'm not sure the numbers would have told us anything.

As far as the snacks (1-2oz) during the day...those are snacks because he is bugging me that he is hungry! He eats like a horse...5-7oz at each meal, AM & PM, then snacks 1-2 times in between. He is still underweight and hungry, so I don't want to cut back on his food. I'm sticking to SK from now on with him, his numbers seem much less volatile.

As far as sleep...if I get a couple of hours in a row of solid sleep, I can manage with broken sleep after that! I'll check him before bed, and go from there.

5. Michelle & Prudence

Hey Joanna! I'm such a PUTZ!!! I wasn't looking at the 2.1 today ohmygod_smile between that and FF, I am pretty certain that's why there's wacky numbers. FF gave me much higher numbers too!!!!! Yeah, wasn't so keen on the SID, but just wanted to give some ammo under Laurie's belt, haha :lol: maybe dose should be more like AMPS 2.2 PMPS 2.0 :?: could be something like that??? Gottcha about the food Laurie! You're doing great with everything.

Oh, about the SID - I didn't explain myself clear on that... I was thinking SID only as a need to use bases. I like your point Joanna and I do agree with you about it. I guess I am just looking at this as a day to day process cause that's what I am use to. However, I did not make myself clear and I am sorry about that Laurie.

6. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

SID...I don't think that would work well for him. I would be more inclined to go for TID or TR and shoot lower doses than to go that route. He has a tendency to throw wacky numbers every time I change his dose....hence my reluctance to change the 2.2u once I started it. It seems like the first few cycles/days of a dose increase, his numbers are crazy...the duration goes up, the nadir moves around, he has cycles that he just stays flat, he may have a perfect cycle somewhere in there... and then he settles in and things go back to normal. I'm going to ignore today's numbers because I think it's just his wackiness every time I change the dose...along with the FF!

So...my plan is to stick to 2.1u for a few days and just poke his poor little ears constantly to make sure he is safe! ;-)

Oh, and about the dosing advice and throwing it out the window....no way! Everything I try is giving me more data, and the advice is solidly grounded. ECID, sometimes one thing will work and sometimes something different will. There's no easy way to figure it out, we just have to try it and see what happens! I really do appreciate the input and advice, it is helping me a LOT!

7. Michelle & Prudence

Sounds like a good plan :thumbup Sending you good numbers tonight! get some rest in there too!!!

8. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Hmmm, I had misunderstood the timing I guess now that you mention it - here's how I would post it for clarity:

+12 140 fed
    +12.75 231 2.1u
    +2 283

The AMPS, PMPS terminology, at least in my mind, is a shortcut for saying you shot at +12, so if it wasn't a +12 I'd put that somewhere in the same line so there's no doubt. No big deal though. :D

So perhaps the big breakthrough was more from the SK food than from the dose, that would be really interesting - is the carb level a lot different than the FF flavors you are using? I haven't been following too closely the discussion on getting the latest FF data, but it does make me suspicious if they changed the formulas recently and it is causing bigger BG spikes than one would expect. But regardless, if the #s are better on the SK and he likes it, I'd go with that and not look back! Can't argue with good #s.

Guess Mr. Tink & the Pru just like to be special kitties. :lol: (Sorry, couldn't resist a bad joke opportunity!)

9. Michelle & Prudence

I've always wondered about FF. I started Pru out on FF before I realized the big difference with Friskies & SC & SAS. They say FF is less than 10% carbs or whatever, but I started making sure I stayed in the 4% or lower range. If I do feed Friskies, its the Special Diet since it's 4% too.

How are your furbabies, Joanna?

10. Joanna & Bix (GA)

My furkids are well MIchelle, thanks for asking! Bix seems to be allergic to green #s lately, so I'm biting the bullet and trying to get more data to figure out if I'm shooting too much or too little or what. You & Pru have given me hope that even if they don't go OTJ at the first sign of good #s like some kitties do, sticking it out with the fine-tuning can still work. That and a few scares with his hind legs being yucky :evil: and feeling like the status quo isn't working for him right now.

Sorry to hijack Laurie! Bix'll have to get his own thread soon! ohmygod_smile

11. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Sorry about the confusing way I posted the #s, what Joanna suggested makes sense and I'll do it that way next time. Thanks!

I'm not sure the list shows any significant carb difference between SK and FF, but it certainly shows in Tinkles' numbers! I also suspect the FF has been reformulated and is now higher in carbs than it was....or at least some of the varieties are. I fed him 6 oz FF chicken feast today, and he went up ~143 in 2 hrs, fed him about 7 oz SK salmon dinner tonight and he went up ~99 in 2 hrs.

+2 304

Heading to bed. G'night!

12. Michelle & Prudence

I didn't want this getting lost in the tread. It's by me:
    I'll check out Bix's SS in a few hours and see if I see anything that may help. :YMHUG:

Laurie - Did you shoot 2.1U on the PMPS 205 +10 or +12? maybe you're updating your SS? I'll check back in awhile.

13. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

+6 131

I think I see what you meant about the SID...just use it as needed, when his nadir is really late?

I shot the 2.1u at +12..he had identical BG tests at +10 and +12.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.