Mr Tinkles 6/15

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Laurie and Mr Tinkles, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

AMPS 474 2.1u

His PS test was elevated due to annoyance with me testing him when he was hungry. My fault, I messed up the routine by getting the food ready first, then testing! ohmygod_smile

He had good numbers overnight, nadir at +7 so it looks like the 2.1u dose may be better for him. :D I'm still in wait and see mode, b/c it takes him a few cycles to settle into a new dose. His #s may be a little wacky today b/c he snuck a couple of bites of FF from Angel's bowl. :evil: I feel like the food police sometimes in my house, dogs go outside so they don't try to steal the cat food, then police the cats so nobody eats from the wrong bowl. Oh well, it works, most of the time...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Laurie what is the other cat eatting, sounds like you said FF? is other kitty on a special diet as well that they could'nt both be eatting same thing? have'nt checked out your ss but will go do that now.

3. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

Laurie - You're doing great! I like your comment about being the food police. :lol: I have 7 animals total and it gets crazy sometimes! Will check back with you later today.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow, you've had some challenges with that SS but basically it looks like your handling it well. the only thing i was worried about was the times you shot in between shots because of fur shot. but looks like things are definetly improving :razz:

5. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Lori, I did say FF. I recently switched to Special Kitty, and Tinkles' #s are much improved. The FF causes more of a food spike for him. Unfortunately, my finicky princess civvie (Angel) won't eat the SK, so I give her FF...yes it is the LC, but I'm not so convinced that it is really LC anymore!
    I'm not sure what you are seeing...I never shoot again because of a fur shot. I know my SS is very busy, I'm sure that it is confusing...sorry about that! But yes, things are improving! :smile:

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok, i must have misunderstood. but so :D to see progress for Mister.

7. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

Laurie,
    Looks like you and Mr are doing well. I once made the mistake of preparing the meal before testing :twisted: Oh well, live and learn, right!

8. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Yes, live and learn is right! It's actually good to see him getting testy, he is certainly feeling a lot more like himself so I'll happily take the testiness! :lol:

His PS numbers are starting to get higher again. He got down to a nice # at his nadir, but what a deep curve! I had to shoot at +13 tonight, so that didn't help matters. I'll be able to shoot at 12/12 tomorrow, or sooner if he starts zooming up at the end of the cycle again. What surprises me is the difference in the nadirs...+7 at 2.1u vs +9 at 2.2u. Such a tiny dosage difference, such a big difference in effect! It looks like the duration is dramatically different too.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah laurie todays amps and pmps are dissapointing i'm sure. are you considering a dose increase? a trick i tried was when tom used to drop fast was to test, feed then wait 1/2 hour becuase he tended to drop some on his own after eatting (a partially operational pancrease) and then shoot based on that # which was always lower.
    it's a hassel but it smoothed out his drop.
    just one of my experiments to curve his drops.

10. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

+8 193
    +10 140

Lori, I wasn't going to increase his dose. His nadir (85) was good yesterday, I don't think it would be wise to increase on that nadir. Tinkles likes to throw me curve balls, so I'm going to stick to the same dose for a while and give it a little more time to settle. I think he had another wacky curve last night, I only tested twice but he's dropping late. That's an interesting idea, test shortly after feeding, I'll have to try that. I've only tested at +1 and he is rising then.

He does have chronic low-grade URI symptoms, and I noticed he is sneezing more again. I'm wondering if his high PS #s are related to that. I give him l-lysine BID for it, keeps it in check but it doesn't go away.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you've tested at +1 and he's up it probably would'nt work for him. with tom at +1 i'd see a steep drop which led me to believe the food alone was taking him down some.
    hope he gives you a nicer pmps today.
    and that 82 nadir, depending on how long he stayed 'green' is not really to low to increase...but i think you've got a handle on how you want to steer this ship :razz:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.