Mudbay and Kibble

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Darwin H., Apr 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darwin H.

Darwin H. Member

I have done a lot of reading of kibble bags and honestly thought I was feeding my cats well with Costco's Kirkland signature kibble.. Now they have brought out yet another salmon and grain one. Which led me to Mudbay pet food stores and all their expensive kibble. Does any one use dry cat food in the diabetic cat world that works, as in Low carb and mid to high protein? Mudbay comes highly recommended...

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

The low carb dry foods are Wysong Epigen 90, Dr Elsey's Clean Protein, and Young Again Zero. Some caretakers have reported diarrhea problems with the Young Again.
    Why not feed a low carb canned?

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  3. Sybil and Zoe

Sybil and Zoe Member

I use Young Again Zero Maturity for my non diabetic kitty who was too picky to eat what was given from the can (only sometimes would she eat it) and I was worried about her not getting enough calories. The diabetic one is a beast when it comes to eating (anything and everything). So Bella gets the kibble in one of those microchip activated feeders, and Zoe gets the wet food. I have never noticed any diarrhea issues.

4. Darwin H.

Darwin H. Member

I do feed canned food with costco kibble as a snack.. Just wondering since I was just alerted to the company. . I wonder why no dry food lists the carbohydrates?

5. Sybil and Zoe

Sybil and Zoe Member

Basically dry is pretty much all carbohydrate like any cereal. They may say grain free but they fill it up with potato, peas, and other fruits and veggies that are carb based. Even the “diabetic” purina DM is too high in carbs. I suggest you look into Forever Young online if you are going to give a little kibble. I use it for my non diabetic picky eater.

Darwin H. and Noah & me (GA) like this.
  6. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

When you say "Mudbay comes highly recommended" ask yourself by who. I'm not a conspiracy nut but when I read "I wonder why no dry food lists the carbohydrates?" that's another red flag. Full disclosure, we have a standby bowl of kibble even though I know better and we no longer have a diabetic cat. We do have an obese cat with a nasty temperament and if he's our next diabetic I'm hiding in the closet.
    All the other replies here are valid, kibble is not found in nature and feeding it is going against a million years of evolution.

Darwin H. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.