Muse earned her Wings last night

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MommaOfMuse, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

This is a post I never wanted to write...Muse didn't make it and has earned her Angel wings. Last night she actually seemed much better dhe actually wanted to curl up on my lap and get petted and brushed...This morning when I got up to give everyone their breakfast she was already gone. She will be so missed. Fly free my beautiful girl Fly Free

Mel and Muse (GA)

2. Supermax (GA)

Supermax (GA) Member

I'm so sorry Mel...Fly free little Muse

3. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry to hear that your girl Muse made her journey but she had a loving family and she found peace at home. She is running free at Rainbow Bridge she will always be with you. No more pain and young again this dear little one that you loved so. Please find Peace in knowing it was her time and she did it her way RIP Watch over your loving family and shine brightly from above sweet one

4. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

I am so sorry!

5. Dana & Thomas

Dana & Thomas Member

Fly free sweet Muse.
    Dana

6. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Melody, my heartfelt sympathy on the loss of your beautiful Muse.
    [​IMG]

7. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness no.

I am so sorry.

Fly free sweet Muse.

8. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Mel,

I am so sorry for you and Muse. It was clear in all your posts how much you loved her and cared for her. I think that is a great gift we give our pets, and she knew that she was special in your heart.

Sue

9. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, I'm so very sorry. Fly free sweet kitty land softly in the arms of our Lord. I'm so sorry...
    Jeanne

10. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

(((((((Mel)))))))) I'm so sorry that you've lost Muse. Fly free, ~~~~Muse~~~~! Norton will meet you at the bridge!

11. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((((((((((((((((MEL)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I am so very sorry for your loss. Wrapping you in many many cyber hugs.. tears fall.

Muse is flying free now, whole and healthy over the Rainbow Bridge. rb_icon

wings_cat

12. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

((Mel))
    I am so sorry to hear the news this morning.
    Muse knew how much you loved her.

Fly free sweet Muse. wings_cat

13. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

May all your wonderful memories of Muse bring you comfort...

...'til you meet again.

14. Heather & Angel (GA)

Heather & Angel (GA) Member

I'm so sorry! At least Muse passed naturally at home, where she was comfortable.

Fly free, Muse!

15. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

I just want to thank you all for your help and support with Muse, even if she just wasn't strong enough to win this fight. God knows that girl had her share of fights in her life that she did win, this one was just one too many. While the first 6 years of her life will always remain a mystery to me...I know that she started her life very very loved...and she left this life very very loved...the inbetweens don't really matter. I know she was once someone else's cherished pet because of the way she was found in New Orleans after Rita. She was spayed, and declawed and microchipped...so someone loved her enough to not want to lose her, she was found in an flooded apartment with her owner that didn't make...Someone chose to stay behind with her then leave her to save themself....And in the end, she got to say her good-byes, little did I know it at the time. At the time I thought it meant she was starting to feel better. Her eyes were shining with a light I haven't seen in days, she finally came out of the bathroom to touch noses with all the other kitties and even kissed the dog. Then came to my feet meowed to be picked up and snuggled in my lap. She even patted the brush which has always been our signal that her Highness would now like to be groomed. This morning when she didn't show up for breakfast I found her in her favorite spot to catch the morning sun.

She is buried in our back yard next to the wild catnip plants, surrounded by peonies, so every spring there she will have flowers. I remember seeing a rose that was a violet blue like her eyes, I'm going to see it I can find it...I had been planning on planting an English Rose garden anyhow...Can't think of a more fitting way to start it...with a rose to my beautiful gentle Muse

Again so many thanks - I have lived with kitties all my life, but you folks have taught me in the last week more about not only diabetes in cats, but cats in general. And the rest of my fur-babies will be so much better off for it. No more nasty dry food. Its canned all the way. If there is a good side to this is I now know the signs if it happens again I'll catch it sooner.

Mel & Muse

16. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Mel, it sounds like from your post that Muse knew and said her farewells to all those she loved and she passed away in her home where there was nothing but love surrounding her. Too young to have had to leave but those years she had with you were everything to her and she knew how deeply she was loved. Heartbreaking but peaceful at the same time. My heart goes out to you....she sure had a rough life before you rescued her.

17. BobsMom

BobsMom Member

I am so very sorry for your loss.

18. jeanene and chase

jeanene and chase Member

I'm so sorry for your loss.

19. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

So sorry for your loss
    Fly free sweet (((Muse))) wings_cat

20. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. Fly free sweet Muse.

Sherry

21. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss, but as you said, she left this world for a better one knowing she was loved.

22. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

I am so very sorry for your loss of Muse.

~M

23. karen and splash (ga)

karen and splash (ga) Member

I am so very sorry for it being Muse's time to leave you. Fly Free Sweet Muse....you earned your wings many times over, use them well and forever let your spirit be felt by those who love you here.

24. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

((Mel)) I am so sorry. She was a fighter and left on her own terms. I am sure she will be missed terribly but she knew how much she was loved.

25. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

I am so sorry that you had to say goodbye to your sweet Muse - and there is no doubt that she did it in her own way and by saying goodbye to you with much love. Her last evening was one of love and safety - as you said she was loved in the beginning and loved at the end. That's really a beautiful story and you can be soothed by the fact that someone who loved her then was waiting to welcome her now. And she will be now looking down on you - you were her angel who cared for her for the last part of her life and gave her such love.

Bless you for doing so.

I'm sure she's running free now - no pain - no more - and I'm hoping the memories and love you've shared together will comfort you now in your grief at having to say goodbye.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

26. fourcatsmama

fourcatsmama Member

How heartbreaking! I am so very sorry to hear this sad news. I hope you will be comforted by the wonderful times you were able to share.

27. M L and Cleo (GA)

M L and Cleo (GA) Member

I'm so sorry to hear about Muse; we were all pulling for her.

Sending prayers for comfort and peace.

28. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh Mel...I did'nt see this coming...so very very sorry. she did do it her way, at home, peacefully with goodbyes.... how lucky you both were to have each other and the whole fur family. fly free sweet muse.

29. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

(( Mel ))

I'm so sorry for your loss. How sweet that your last moments were extra special.

30. Melissa&Popcorn(GA)

Melissa&Popcorn(GA) Member

I'm so very sorry. Muse will continue to live in your heart and in your memories.

31. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

I am so sorry for your loss. wings_cat

32. eliseandpony

eliseandpony Member

your idea for the rose garden seems so fitting. i am sorry to hear that muse has passed, but happy for you that got to spend time with such an amazing creature. i hope you are able to find some comfort during this time and that you are able to cope with the grief. be patient with yourself. muse was fortunate to have had you in her life.

33. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. She sounds like a very special kitty. I can't help but be in awe of how they "know" and how she said her goodbyes to everyone. Bless her heart.

Fly free Muse. rb_icon

34. cornad

cornad Member

That's beyond touching, cats are amazing... she was lucky to have an owner like you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.