My 14 year old cat just diagnosed!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Garfield, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garfield

Garfield New Member

Hi ,
    I just happened to find this group and hope to find some good info here. I have a 14 year old cat who has been healthy up till recently. We have been in process of building a new home and then moving and thought the stress was messing him up. He quit eating and lost from 17 pounds to 10 in about 8-10 months. I called vet when it struck me he wasn’t doing well. She thought over phone could be his kidneys. But when we took him in blood work was good for kidneys but blood sugar 400! Just found out this weekend and will start insulin tomorrow. I had a diabetic cat 18 years ago so shots won’t be a problem but not sure about food and checking his sugars since I did none of that with my other cat. I have already changed his diet to fancy feast which it appears will be ok for him and he is already perking up a bit and eating more and more awake so hoping that with insulin he will do well. Am looking forward to seeing what all you have for info here! Thank you!

2. Magic Johnson

Magic Johnson Member

Welcome!!! I'm new too...and this board has a WEALTH of information and very supportive peeps ;)

Garfield likes this.
  3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Garfield likes this.
  4. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome to the sugar party!

Garfield likes this.
  5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome! :)