My Acro Cat made the newspaper!

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Punkyp, Sep 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Punkyp

Punkyp Member

Hi all, My cat Snuggles has been diabetic for 7 months now & it turns out he has Acromegaly. IMy rescue group I've volunteered with has helped me raise $ for his SRT treatment that we just got done last week at CSU.An editor from a local paper heard about him & published a great story on him. I would be so thrilled if you could give the story *****5 stars***** I'm hoping that it will lead to a follow up article & more exposure for my cat rescue group if there is enough interest in it for her to be impressed! I really want to bring attention to Feline Diabetes & Acromegaly. Please pass it on!

Thanks so much!

http://placerherald.com/detail/1874...rt=&content_class=1&sub_type=stories&town_id=

2. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Very cool! Thanks for getting the word out

3. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

The article is great - how do you rate it? I click on the stars but I don't think it changes anything. Must you register?

4. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. I'll be talking w/ my vet soon to see about testing my boy Grayson.

5. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

You may want to switch to Lantus or Levemir if you are thinking Grayson may have acromegaly, as there are no acro cats regulated on PZI. There are a few acro cats who were on PZI that have switched so they can help you with transition help.

If you do have Grayson tested, be sure you have both IGF-1 and IAA done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.