My April Fool was 237 this am

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

OK, he's not a fool! He *almost* got on the table to be tested by himself, but at the last second he decided against it.

The kitties are all excited about being able to go out on the balcony last night and this morning - and having the windows open a bit. We may reach a record high today. Old record is 82.

Vicky, I took photos of his paw, Beau's paw and Leanne's paw with a quarter sitting on top of it. I will have to post those tonight. Let's just say Beau's feet are very petite compared to Jeddie's.

2. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

Great progress Sheila!! Pretty soon he (Jeddie) might be able to even test Beau, hee hee.

Gorgeous today here in New York - 65F. All the cats are out snoozing on the back deck soaking up the sun.

And damn it, i want pictures of the WHOLE cat, not just his paws! dancing_cat

3. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

We broke the record! It was 83 today here. Tmorrow is another warm day (80), but then rain overnight into Sat. I think Vicky must be getting the rain tonight or early tomorrow as it is coming from her direction in a straight line from Texas to Missouri.

Jeddie was 181 tonight. I have been giving him .5u or maybe .45u.

Also, I went to order strips from my usual place and they were almost twice as expensive as before! They went from $15 to $28 for 50. Yikes. I found another place that has them for $16/50 so I ordered from there. The local CVS has a meter on sale for $10 and the strips on sale for $10/50, but it is a different meter than mine. I think I will buy a meter and 100 strips as a backup. I am down to about 8 strips and my order won't come for 5 days.

4. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Hmmm, didn't I suggest .5U???

Glad he's going a little lower!

5. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

Which meter is on a sale at CVS?

and what meter do you use that the strips are so inexpensive?

6. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

I believe she uses the True Track, right?

7. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Here is the CVS link:
    http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/s...7&navAction=push&navCount=2&no_new_crumb=true
    Sale ends tomorrow. Meter that 'goes with' is on sale for $10 also.

I use the True Track Smart System meter because, initially, I could get the strips anywhere (it is the "store brand" for many chain groceries and pharmacies). Then the price on strips went way up in stores and I started looking online for better pricing and found them for $15, which is what I paid for 2 years, I think.

8. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Sheila, I'm confused. I thought the True Track meter used only it's on "True Track" strips, not the True Test" ones which is a different meter?

I was going to try to get those for you tomorrow at my local CVS if they have the 50s, but you can use the True Test ones too???

9. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

True (lol, could not resist!)

However, I bought the meter that goes with the strips because the strips are such a good deal. And, actually, the meter package as a full refund rebate sticker on it, so it will be free - eventually.

I just couldn't pass up a deal to get 50 strips for $10.

10. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

I forgot all about going to CVS today to look for those for you. Sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.