My beloved Salt

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by toreishi, Jun 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toreishi

toreishi Member

No offense but this is a group to which I do NOT want to belong.

Last night was the big boy's first insulin injection and I am at that crazy information gathering stage.
    Goals: Finding a healthier food source than the vet recommended DM, getting his bg stabilized and working towards getting him back to a healthy - and ideally non-insulin dependent- state.

Before asking a zillion questions, I'll peruse the rest of the of'.

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Ah, yes, the club no one asks to join. Luckily it is filled with helpful people who know exactly how you are feeling. And information IS the key. Learning how to treat this disease gives you a feeling of real control and confidence. Read and ask questions. You can do this - we'd be glad to help!

3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB, the best place you never wanted to be.

There are 4 things you'll need to manage your kitty's diabetes:
    - You - without your commitment, the following won't work.
    - Low carb over the counter canned or raw diet, such as many Friskies pates. See Cat Info for more info. If already on insulin, you must be home testing before changing the diet.
    - A long-lasting insulin such as ProZinc, Lantus, BCP PZI, or Levemir.
    - And home blood glucose monitoring with an inexpensive human glucometer such as the WalMart Relion Confirm or Target Up and Up (the pet ones will break your budget!).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.