My boys came home!!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Debra & CB (GA) & Gang, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debra & CB (GA) & Gang

Debra & CB (GA) & Gang Member

They look sooo much better! We just got back about 5 minutes ago, and they haven't stopped checking our house out yet. They're gonna be a challenge for several days to come with all the meds they're both on. Doxycycline bid, pro-pectalin three times daily, clavamox bid, albon once daily, one dose of panacur each for tomorrow. The only reason that they're on both clavamox and doxycycline is that Dr. K didn't have any doxy in the clinic on Monday when I took the boys in, and she felt that they both desperately needed to be on an antibiotic given TK's high white cell count. So she started them on clavamox and got the doxy in on Tuesday. She has told me that I can actually stop giving them the clavamox, but since it's only one 15 ml bottle I might as well let them finish it. Dr. K would like for me to keep TK and Radar seperated from my adult kitties so that we know what their poo is like, how much they're eating, drinking, and such. Unfortunately that's not possible in this house, there's only one room that has a closing door but it doesn't have any heat and our lows have been well below freezing for a few days with more of the same for at least the next 7 nights, so I'll just have to keep a journal and try to record as best how they're eating, drinking, peeing and pooing, and their activity levels.

This was one huge bill, but with thoroughness comes a cost. In total it was $768.97! It's almost $400 over the high end price quote I got on Monday, but I'm not terribly upset, they ran a ton of tests that they really didn't know they were going to when the boys were first brought in. I paid $200 down when I took both boys in on Monday, and paid another $400 tonight, so I'm left oweing them $168.97 which they don't seem too concerned about.

All of the outlab tests went out today, so the results should start trickling in starting (hopefully) tomorrow. Some of them will take a bit longer, of course.

TK must feel a whole bunch better, he's even been playing with a jingle bell ball and attempted to attack my fingers as I was talking with dh! Radar seems to feel a lot better too, but it's almost like he has a need to recheck the floor plan, almost like he's doubting his memory of his home......poor thing.

In truth Radar "could" have come back home Monday with me, he wasn't anywhere near as sick as TK was, but Dr. K and I both decided that it would be to her benefit, and TK's, to leave Radar with his brother. They gave me a discount on Radar's "hospitalization", his part of the total bill only amounted to $34.00! LOL!

TK jumped up onto our bed where his "girlfriend" Jasmine sleeps, and I wish you guys could have seen the look on Jasmine's face! She jumped right up and went to TK, sniffed him all over and started purring so loud it sounded like a huge diesel truck! The other kitties are having various (of course!) responses to the boys returning home.

Anyway, they're gotten some of their meds now, and are pigging out on their dinner. Let's hope that somewhere in all of the different tests that have been sent something shows us what's going on with these kids. Keep your fingers crossed for a totally uneventful recovery! Thanks!

PS - My bad! I forgot to ask the vet about giving the boys any probiotics. Oh well, I can call her tomorrow about that.

2. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

wonderful news. Paws crossed that all remains on the uphill swing of things

3. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

dancing_cat Fabulous news!

4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

5. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

I am so very happy for you Debra, and for the boys!!

6. Victoria & Sundance

Victoria & Sundance Member

Great news!!! Please keep us posted (with pics!).

[​IMG]

7. BobsMom

BobsMom Member

Awesome!
    :thumbup

8. Trish & Harley (GA)

Trish & Harley (GA) Member

Excellent!!! sending hugs

9. KarenRamboConan

KarenRamboConan Senior Member Moderator

What a lovely update! Probiotics are a great idea, especially with 2 a/bs on board. The one time Astrophe was on Doxy, she spiked a fever- apparently it can be a side effect, so just watch for that.

And TK has a girlfriend? She obviously has wonderful taste. :)

10. Pat and Skipper (GA)

Pat and Skipper (GA) Member

So glad they're home and doing so much better! flip_cat

11. Leslie & Maverick & Chaos-(GAs)

Leslie & Maverick & Chaos-(GAs) Member

That's wonderful!
    :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

12. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

13. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

This is so great that they are home. And I really hope they figure everything out soon and it is fixed.

14. Donna and Flame

Donna and Flame Well-Known Member

My intertubes were down last nite at home so i'm just sneaking on from work here today... just seeing this.

Sooooooo glad the boys are back home and seemingly feeling better. Fingers and paws crossed that the tests can get to the bottom of this once and for all and get them all fixed up for good!

15. Spacey & Ella

Spacey & Ella Member

Whoo hoo...
    great

16. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

awesome news Deb :D

17. Chloe and Kipper (GA)

Chloe and Kipper (GA) New Member

How fur-tunate you are. When my Lionel came home from the hospital, his sister hissed at him for a week! Sounds like smoother sailing for your two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.