My cat C.C. is missing - UPDATE: She's home!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by tecwmn, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tecwmn

tecwmn Member

She slipped out the door and ran into the woods which are thick with thorny brush. She is skittish anyway so I didn't outright chase her but tried to coax her back gently. The brush is so thick with thorns I had to go back in and put on jeans and long sleeves. I have been calling her for four hours and I am sitting here crying because I just can't handle the fact that she is out there alone. I can't do an intensive search as I just increased my other cat's insulin and need to monitor him. This sucks and I just want her to come home.

:cry:

2. Sherry and Harley

Sherry and Harley Member

Re: My cat C.C. is missing

Oh no! I'm so sorry!! :sad: :cry: :sad:

Can you put some food out and maybe she'll find her way back? Ugh....I would be so devastated....you will be in my thoughts.

s

3. tecwmn

tecwmn Member

I have food out on both the front and back porch as well as her beds. It is getting dark now and I am just devastated. I am trying really hard to be positive, but my heart is filling with dread as it gets darker.

I started a TotoAlert for her but they won't start calling people until tomorrow and I will put flyers in all my neighbors mailboxes.

Please let her be sleeping in one of her beds in the morning.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what if you go near the woody area and open a can. they seem to be able to hear that 3 rooms away.

5. Sherry and Harley

Sherry and Harley Member

GREAT call, Lori! If I tap on the top of a can with my finger my girl comes running...they seem to be able to distinguish the sound of that can from anything else!

Positive thoughts for you....she's just on the edge of the brush doing a little exploring and will wander home in just a bit...when she sees how worried you are, she will promise to never do it again! I'll keep checking on you, anxiously awaiting the news...

s

6. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

{{{{{hugs}}}}} sending out prayers she comes home soon... hopefully she is just out having a little kitty party time and will be back real soon... :)

7. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

(((Barbi)))

I'm so sorry C.C took off, hoping she makes it home soon.
    keep us posted.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

come on home CC!
    i have a feeling there will be good news in the morning. i don't know, just a gut feeling.

9. tecwmn

tecwmn Member

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately C.C. is not the least bit motivated by food, catnip yes, food no. I have a trail of catnip from where I saw her back to the house.

Keep us in your thoughts....will update often.

10. tecwmn

tecwmn Member

I noticed my other cat get up and walk over to the back door and lay down next to it and when I opened it...there she was!!! She ate and now she is curled up with her brother. She doesn't have any injuries and seems extra skittish, but she is alive and home. I am so grateful!!
    :D
    Thank you everyone for your kind words and warm thoughts...

11. Sherry and Harley

Sherry and Harley Member

YAY!!! :D :D

I saw you posted and got so excited!! I'm SOOOO happy for you. Get some rest now!!

s

12. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

Yippee !!!

Great news to wake up to this morning....that and coffee.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

did i tell you? i just had a strong gut feeling she'd be with you by morning :mrgreen:

14. tecwmn

tecwmn Member

You did tell me and I thank you for that!!!! :mrgreen:

15. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

YAY!!!!! Hopefully she got the partying out of her system now & won't give you any more scares like that!!! So happy for you that she came back safe & sound. :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.