My cat has recently been diagnosed with diabetes

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Emily & Jack Jack, Oct 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emily & Jack Jack

Emily & Jack Jack New Member

Hello,
    My cat Jack is 9 years old and has recently been diagnosed with diabetes.
    2ACF97D8-7839-40BF-BDA0-879E0411F892.jpeg

I will probably have a few questions I need to ask on your other forum about his diet.

Thank you
    Emily

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Emily and Jack and welcome.
    Jack is a very handsome boy!
    I have answered your thread in the main forum.
    Bron

Emily & Jack Jack likes this.
  3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome Emily and Jack. Oh, Emily, he has the sweetest little face! I just read through the responses you have received on the Main Health forum about diet and the testing supplies. You have already received some great information and support.

There are a few things that we ask new members to do when they arrive, first create a signature so that new kitty's information is always available when you post. You can always update that information as you go along.

I am providing some links that will walk you through creating the signature, adding profile information (in which you can tell us more about yourself and Jack, if you wish), and then setting up the spreadsheet we use here. The spreadsheet is for recording the insulin dose and testing data you will be getting and is very helpful to you and other members to see how the insulin is working.

If you need help with the spreadsheet set up, please let us know. There are members who can assist or set it up for you.

Please continue to explore the different forums, there is an insulin support forum dedicated to each insulin we use for our kitties, the FAQs forum has important information about Feline Diabetes and particularly what do to if there is a lower blood sugar level than wanted, or an actual hypoglycemic event; and what supplies to have on hand to be able to intervene in such an occurrence. Ask lots of questions, this is a tremendously supportive group.
    Very best wishes going forward in this new adventure, we will do all that we can to help as you learn. :cat:

Emily & Jack Jack likes this.
  4. Emily & Jack Jack

Emily & Jack Jack New Member

Hello,
    Thank you for your reply, I have now set up my signature and will do the spreadsheet shortly, I’ll make sure to check the FAQ pages too!

Thanks for the support

Idjit's mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.