My Chloe is sick

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Elisa and Jagger, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elisa and Jagger

Elisa and Jagger Member

Chloe is my diet controlled diabetic. I adopted her from Stefani & Toonces 3 years ago next week. She has been OTJ for over a year now.

Anyway, I noticed over the last few weeks that she has been eating less and less, however her water consumption had gone up. I checked her BG and it was normal. So off to the vet for blood work. Blood work looked normal, according to the vet, for a kitty her age. Chloe will be 16 next week. Potasium alittle high, Magnesium alittle low, but overall it looked good. She was dehydrated, so they sent me home with fluids and an appetite stimulant.

Today when I went home at lunch to give her fluids, I picked her up and noticed her belly was big and hard. I squeezed it and rubbed it and she didn't seem uncomfortable. But I took her in anyway. They did an xray and found he abdomin filled with fluid. They think she has a tumor somehwere, but are not sure where.

The vet will remove the fluid from her belly. They are giving her some antibiotics shots. I will pick her up and take her home and keep her comfortable as long as I can.

I don't want to put her through surgery at this point in her life, unless they can pinpoint where the tumor is exactly. Perhaps and Ultrasound. My vet doesn't think her prognosis is good because of her age. Not sure what to do.

I opted for surgery for My Bianca (GA) 3 years ago. $1800 and I had to put her down 3 days after the surgery. She never recovered. I guess that is still in the back of my mind.

Attached Files:

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Sending purrs and prayers for Chloe.

3. Dana & Thomas

Dana & Thomas Member

I am sorry that I have no help to offer, but I do offer prayers for both you and Chloe.
    Dana

4. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. Sending you soothing and comforting vines.

5. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

(((((Elisa)))))

6. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Im so sorry that Chloe is sick.

7. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Praying for your Chloe...

8. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Elisa, Right-sided congestive heart failure can also cause fluid buildup in the abdomen. Hope you at least find out the reason for it and sending prayers for Chloe.

9. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

((Elisa)) ((Chloe)) Hoping for the best. I know how much your heart is hurting. She knows how much she is loved.

10. Beth & Atlas

Beth & Atlas Well-Known Member

Prayers to you and Chloe.

11. Olliecat

Olliecat Member

My whole four pawed family (11 dogs) Beau, Nala, Scruffy, Copper, Tug, Jasper, Dolly, Slinky, Rudy, Happy, Pogo, (6 cats) Pitty Pat, Oliver, Cricket, Dot, L'il Boy, Sushi, and (1 Rabbit) Daisy George send you much love of the furry kind and all the best wishes we can muster up. Thinking of you and Chloe!

12. stefani&toonces

stefani&toonces Member

Oh my dear Elisa. I am so sorry to hear this news.

I don't blame you for not wanting to put Chloe through surgery. This was the decision, as you know, I recently had to make with Ahi, albeit different circumstances.

I will hope for a more benign or treatable explanation, but I know it's a longshot. If that doesn't come to pass, I will hope for you peace.

You have been the bestest mom for Chloe, and I knew she was your cat and so did you. Her dainty beauty spoke to you and her life with you has been good, with all her time out on the lanai, in her room, getting good food, acceptance and love.

I will be thinking of you both and looking for updates.

13. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

((( Elisa )))

would it be good for your own peace of mind to get u/s to see if they can give you a more definitive dx ?

I know whatever you decide it will be what is best for Chloe. she is lucky to have you looking out for her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.