My first curve

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mphair84, Jan 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mphair84

Mphair84 Member

So tomorrow I am doing my first curve. What should I know about this? I plan to take the first reading at 6 am, then feed/dose. He gets 1 unit of prozinc. Now, what time do I take the other readings at?

I have not done the spreadsheet yet. I do record the numbers, I just was waiting for my day off to do it. (Tomorrow)

2. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

When I take a curve, I go every two hours. I used to take one every hour, with Frank, but his sugar was rather volatile.

3. Mphair84

Mphair84 Member

Until how long? His next dose?

4. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

Yes. From Pre-shot in the morning until Pre-shot in the evening.

5. Mphair84

Mphair84 Member

So my cat eats small meals throughout the day. I give him his wet in the am with a little DM dry. (Small handful). Then I water down the wet and he picks at it at different times. Is that going to mess things up? I also heard that I should do the tests every hour between the 4-6 mark so I can find the exact low point. I gave him his insulin at 6:18 am. I was going to test at 8, 10, 12, 1, 2,4, and 6.

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

You can feed normally. Testing every 2 hours is fine but hourly between +4 and maybe +7 would narrow down nadir for you. The nadir can move around.

Mphair84 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.