My First test!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Michele Raye, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele Raye

Michele Raye Member

I did my first test with Tiger tonight and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. His number was higher then I expected though I will keep testing him over the next few days to get a feel for his numbers at different times and then start switching out his food.

His number was 469 which was 1.5 hours after he ate and his insulin (3 u of Prozinc) He did have a mix of wet and dry and it was not a pate this time. I will start to only serve the pate's and I will take away his dry over the next few days as I get a handle on his numbers.

beggargirl and JeffJ like this.
  2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your first test!! That's a huge deal and you should be very proud of yourself!!!

Welcome to the Vampire Club!!!
    vampire smiley .jpg

JeffJ and Michele Raye like this.
  3. Michele Raye

Michele Raye Member

Now I need to learn to do the injections...my 16 yo is doing those...this is way out of my comfort zone but I am learning!

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

You will learn, I was really nervous at first, but Idjit needed his insulin. I figured out a way that worked with Idj, I put a towel on my bed, and after hubby held him for testing, I fixed the syringe, warmed the cat breakfast and put the dish on the bed. I didn't have to try to bend to the floor, Idjit was distracted with eating and I was able to inject. I don't think Idjit noticed, if he did, he didn't care. ( The towel was the tablecloth, cause Idj can get a little sloppy) You will figure out the best way for you and Tiger.

5. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Nice going Michelle. It only gets easier from here. Like I said in the other (intro) thread, home testing is the only way to go - to keep your kitteh safe. Before you know it, you will be a pro.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Well done on the testing. I give injection while Olive has her face in the bowl eating. I use a comb to push back the fur (long hair) and shot in the pink skin. She doesn't seem to notice. If I tried when not eating, I can't get her, I think with her it's more about restraining she doesn't like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.